Prototype GTS?? Ebay...

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at it my first thought is... no. Something doesn't look right. Why the different colored body panels, scratched fascia, wrong ride hight?

Any chance someone tried to take a wrecked Gen I and make it a GTS?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will own this one of a kind?
supergrin.gif
laugh.gif

Mike

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think the ride height is off. He just doesn't have the exhaust covers or the rear bumper cover panels in place.
He seems to think this is car is worth lots of money. I don't know about that. It is very colorful, kind of reminds me of some of the old VW bugs that people used to piece together from junk.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woah! that definately gives new meaning to the term <FONT size="5">MOPAR</FONT s>

Miscellaneous
Odd
Parts
Assembled
Recklessly

frown.gif

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is no VIN, it will have be be issued a state-version in order to be tittled. I doubt you could insure it either... as it technicaly doesn't exist to an insurance firm (maybe a specialy place?)

MM

S

SUN RA KAT

It might have been a test mule that was saved from the crusher, but it looks more like a semi restored wreck to me.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suspect that if it is a prototype, it wasn't very complete when he got it. He's probably been adding the missing parts as he came upon deals on ebay. That's why it has all the colors. If he has a V10 in there without a VIN stamped into it then that might prove it was a prototype. If it has a vin on the engine then one might find that it came from a registered car.

ewave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm gonna be sick.

I have some "prototype" parts that I took off my damaged 97GTS. With a little bit of work they could protentially be worth $100K. Anyone want to buy them?

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
puke.gif
Wixom, MI where this car is located is only about 5 miles from my house. Maybe I'll go check it out, buy it, and enter it in a demolition derby.
rofl.gif

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Okay, prototype. Then why does it have the blue/white hood? Why paint one componet and leave the rest bondo. He has not responded to my email yet, but if anyone got a vin please let be know...

andymo1972

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looking at it, my first thought is AHHHHH! When my eyes finally regain focus, i realize that the front facia is silver, off of a 98 or 99 viper...or was this DC's way of foreshadowing future colors. Kinda funny how the facia has damage since the car has never been driven too. And a 545 hp "experimental" engine too...without even using smooth tubes (or exhaust)!
laugh.gif
And I don't think the ride height is off...it's about the only thing that ISN'T off though. Somebody buy this work of art and spare others the horror of having to look at it.

Andy
97 GTS

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bonkers:
Okay, prototype. Then why does it have the blue/white hood? Why paint one componet and leave the rest bondo. He has not responded to my email yet, but if anyone got a vin please let be know...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He says in the add that there is no VIN #.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUN RA KAT:
It might have been a test mule that was saved from the crusher, but it looks more like a semi restored wreck to me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My thoughts exactly. I know there were very few Mules of the RT offered to the public, but I never heard of a GTS Mule.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
General Jackson