PS2's Going On Tomorrow

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based upon everyone's feedback, I ordered a new set of Michelin PS2's. They arrived today and go on tomorrow. I will report back on the experience.... in the meantime, I need to burn up my existing tires.

DylanGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Night and day difference for me. Granted mine only had 3k miles on them they were still the originals from '96. My car is a whole lot less scary to say the least!

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having mine put on tomorrow!!!! Also replaced my battery while I have the rear tire off.

Randall Arnold
Secretary/Treasurer VCA Ohio Chapter

OP
OP
O

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The PS2's are on. I took it out for a short drive today. Felt good. I want to give it a few runs to settle in... since they didn't feel as sticky as everyone is saying they are. Otherwise, they rode smooth as a whistle. I will get some leg work in on them this weekend and see.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The PS2's are on. I took it out for a short drive today. Felt good. I want to give it a few runs to settle in... since they didn't feel as sticky as everyone is saying they are. Otherwise, they rode smooth as a whistle. I will get some leg work in on them this weekend and see.

The tires may still have some of the protective coating on them. A nice burnout should take care of the rears, but I wouldn't go taking any fast corners until the fronts get 100 or so miles on them.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Year Matters....

All years report better handling and grip, much less wandering / dartiness (TDS) and faster lap times.
But only SRT owners 03-06 that had RunCraps as OE report a greatly improved RIDE as well.
The PS2 has a more supple sidewall, that gives a better ride than SRT runflats. Gen1-2 guys dont notice.

PartsRack invariably has the lowest prices, and we are also alerting you to incerases: May 1 is a $30 increase on PS2 sets......

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

No pictures of using up the old tires? :( Please say it isn't so.
That's the best part.....

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put a set on my GTS also this week.

Can't wait to take it out this weekend! My old tires had a yr 2000 date on them hahaa

bvk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yep, had mine on for a month (only 60 miles though) thanks to Jon B, great deal and very fast service.

I'm giving them a proper scrub in at thunderhill in May, looking forward to seeing how they perform under my penske coilovers on the track.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought they wouldn't be available this soon. Hope mine get shipped soon.

GavinM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
new owner, just ordered them from Jon B as well. definetly looking to improve the "dartiness"

OP
OP
O

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I when for a cruise with them on today. Noticeably a better ride. I didn't lean into them at all (the wifey was with me). But so far, I am very impressed. It does feel like a brand new car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4