Pulling the trigger this weekend, what color

killerviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey guys,

Pulling the trigger this weekend... its 1:30am and I suddenly woke up with a sweat. I don't know which one to purchase. both cars are the same price, same year, same mileage. Both cars got catbacks, smooth tubes, short shifter. Both of them are 2001 GTS's

1. Solid Yellow
2. Solid Sapphire Blue

Sapphire blue has slight more mods (3.55 gearing, HID's, Roller Rockers, lowered)

HALP! :dunno::dunno::omg:

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you like both colours the same i would go for more modds, cheaper for you in the long run. Both colours look great so either way, its a win win.
Good luck

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd pick it off the color you really like better, not the mods. A few mods are easy to add to the color you actually like, rather then be upset everytime you see the color you actually wanted. Trust me, I love my yellow car, but EVERY time I see a black GTS I second guess my decision.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy the one that feels better when you're driving it.....the driveline, the view over the hood (which includes the color aspect) the noises, the acceleration (the gears in the Sapphire will make it feel different) etc etc. Nice choice to have to make and pretty much you're a winner, either way you decide, you'll be happy.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Compare the owners maintenance logs. Which 1 gives you the warm and fuzzy feeling? If they are the same go with blue.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you want to fly under or over the radar?
Blue will blend in and not be as noticable in a group. Much more stealth.
Yellow you can see a half mile away. NO blending in. No hiding.

Whats your preference?

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're asking for preference and opinions so......

+1 on the blue. The color is classic, deep and varies greatly in different lights . Close variances to Dodge's mix only seem to be on prestige autos

All other aspects being equal ( and as pointed out in other posts, there are many considerations related to history and condition) :
The yellow will be noticed and catch peoples eyes more; it's the first car you see. Similar with Viper Red. They are real head-turners. The S. Blue is stealthly. Especially at a distance. Noticed last but when noticed draws a crowd.

A good friend I drive with regularly has both and he can't believe the difference in response/attention between the 2 cars.

I agree with Drumboy, the view over the hood driving down the road was a factor to me; both are awesome but they are different.
Yellow, I felt like the loud master of the road. "get outta my way".
S. Blue feels more like you initially blend in, then when noticed its "holy crap what was that, let's have another look" then they follow you into a gas station and take a picture...

just my 2 cents

the 3:55s are nice too.

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a yellow with stripes and have always thought the solid yellow cars looked odd so I'd saw go with the blue as well.

kblake905

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd pick it off the color you really like better, not the mods. A few mods are easy to add to the color you actually like, rather then be upset everytime you see the color you actually wanted. Trust me, I love my yellow car, but EVERY time I see a black GTS I second guess my decision.
Initially when I was looking I would have preferred a yellow GTS :rolleyes: But have no regrets and now I am glad the Sapphire Blue was available :D

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Whats your preference?

This is the number one deal in your decision. Go for a ride in any car for about 30 minutes. How many cars out there are black, white, silver, blue....most all of them. How many are red...some. How many are yellow...a few.

Any viper will stand out when it's close to you. A yellow viper stands out from far far away. If you like the attention, get the yellow. If you don't want a lot of attention, get the blue.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing describes the feeling of driving a bumble bee Viper down the road except "Yellow, I felt like the loud master of the road. "get outta my way". That being said yellow and add stripes.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I've heard about the blue is its almost as hard to keep clean as black and shows all imperfections like black does. If you don't like detailing your car weekly, you may wanna keep this in mind.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely go with the color you like the best, you can always add mods. And you could always paint it, but which do you think would be easier & cheaper, unless you're gonna mod the hell out of it! jmo

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the number one deal in your decision. Go for a ride in any car for about 30 minutes. How many cars out there are black, white, silver, blue....most all of them. How many are red...some. How many are yellow...a few.

Any viper will stand out when it's close to you. A yellow viper stands out from far far away. If you like the attention, get the yellow. If you don't want a lot of attention, get the blue.
Yellow would definitely stand out more, with the blue I think most people would be ok with it one way or the other. With the yellow, their most likely gonna either LOVE it or HATE it, not many on the fence(kind of like an H2 some people like them, some people think they look like a big box, not many in the middle). jmo

rthorley

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Whats your preference?

Who are you trying to kid?

Its a viper haha

id say if you like both then see whos hungry to sell. These cars are extremely hard to sell right now. contract both sellers and let them know your interested in both of there cars and want them to give you their best offer. see who is willing to budget.

Im sure you can knock a few thousand off the price.

let us know

OP
OP
K

killerviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the great feed back guys, did my searching before asking this but a majority was red vs yellow. Now gotta decide do I scream down the road or go stealth mode. Right now as far as stealth goes, get enough of that with my daily ****** econobox.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am probably in the minority, but I don't care for saphire blue...

I'm very happy with my yellow GTS. It gets attention, but not enough to deter me from buying another one. Let's be honest, a Viper is going to get attention no matter what. If it is a weekend toy... it just adds to the experience.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both cars sound great...so, see which owner really wants to sell his Viper. You have alternatives, so you can negotiate.

Sounds like you'd be happy with either color. So shop price.

Edit: I have a yellow RT/10. I've seen the SB in person a couple times, and it looks good but is subtle. The yellow is over the top--just like the Viper.

Last edited:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah, one more thing..... if you get the yellow one you'll inevitably be dragged into the yellow vs red wars on the boards. :bonker:

Even though some may not like the SB's, they usually get compliments from all in the Viper community. :hug:

Just sayin'.....

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah, one more thing..... if you get the yellow one you'll inevitably be dragged into the yellow vs red wars on the boards. :bonker:

With all due respect to my red and yellow brothers, I think the debate over "fastest" color was ended on 9/14/2011. :smirk:
However, 2nd place is still up for grabs....

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As stated, if these cars are all equal then this is a preference call. On the limited information provided, Saffire