Punctured My Soft Top

weeten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so i punctured my soft top yesterday on my GenI...i usually fold the top in the trunk, and then lay the windows over top...last time i did the reverse and it seems from all the driving and bouncing it did, the window latch punctured a small hole, less than an inch, right above my head...

anyone have any suggestions on how to patch that up? should i contact someone in upholstery? a co-worker suggested i call a boat repair place as they are good with materials...what does a new soft top retail for? can you even get those new?

thanks in advance for your help and suggestions

rpm9000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might try using an iron on blue jean patch. Put it on the inside of the top and it won't show on the outside. I have used this on car covers before. You can buy the patches at Wal-Mart.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might try using an iron on blue jean patch. Put it on the inside of the top and it won't show on the outside. I have used this on car covers before. You can buy the patches at Wal-Mart.

This is exactly what i did! Worked like a charm.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
J, I Don't Know IF the Gen. II Soft Tops Fit A Gen. I But I Have One for Sale in the Classifieds & You Can Get It Pretty Cheap! If They Do & You're Interested PM Me! If Not, You're Cheapest Way to Go Would Be to Do the Patch Thingy, Probably Couldn't Tell from the Outside But the Inside Might Be A Different Story! GL Bud!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala