purplesnake

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. After several years of owning an 05 yellow vert and watching the VCA site, I got the bug for a gen4. As I began to try to put a deal together for a car I decided I had to have, I leaned heavily on Steve and Doug in Indy. With their help I now have the 08 viper violet AYR vert that I am sure many of you are familiar with. My only problem now is that because the large delivery trailer could not get down my road, I am forced to periodically run by my dealer to see my car. (several inches of snow on the ground and I can't drive it home). Anyway thanks to them for their help, and as a result, I felt motivated to join the club.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have a great car and it was well taken care of. I think it was a 1 of 1 car.

Bruce

OP
OP
P

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
kcobean,

I thought AYR was the code for a factory installed but I might be wrong. I am new to all of this.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh gotcha. I don't know all the color codes either. I thought maybe you meant "ACR", which would have confused me even further (and thus, disregard that snippet in my PM. ;) )

OP
OP
P

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
kcobean,

Lets try this again. I thought AYR was the code for a factory installed aero package. Sorry, not very tech-savvy.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even Better! If you shoot me an email with a picture of your car (you do have a picture, yes?), I'll set up your avatar for you (avatar is the picture that appears under your name on the left side of the screen.

Send to "[email protected]".

Congrats on your purchase!

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WoW :2tu: that is one gorgeous snake! Where are you located? Congratulations! :sun: be here soon

OP
OP
P

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the nice comments. I am from Indy and the car looks as good today as it did in the pics BlknBlu kindly found.

G

Gotvenom 08

Welcome to the club and congrats on your purchase.

And I like your color choice too!:2tu:

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
That is an awesome color. Congrats on the new ride. I feel your pain about the snow. :-(

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Club! Steve is a wealth of information and great help! If you are in our IN/KY club I hope to make it to a meeting or two this year and maybe get to see that car:2tu: Congrats!!!

OP
OP
P

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Again, thanks to all for all the kind comments. I am so thrilled with the car and color that I just show up at the dealer and just stare at it. And while they have other vipers, including brand new vipers, this car has raised quite a stir with it being such an unusual color with the spoilers.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Congrats and glad it worked out for you. Can testify that ,yes, this is a car that is one of one. There were very few Viper Violet cars done of any kind , but this is the only Aero Grp ( ARY ) car built. You have a great group of members in Indiana/Kentucky, and you can't join a better car club.

You purple passion will eventually get to your garage and don't feel bad about sitting in it during the Winter months , contemplating the fun you will have when the white stuff melts - we have all done that, ha!

OP
OP
P

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Bill,

When I was throwing out thanks, I should have included you for all the ear bending I leaned on you for. By the way, can you believe a member had the gall to call that pink? Must be compensating for some other issues.....hmmm....:rolaugh:

OP
OP
P

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, the weather finally permitted me to drive my car home and I was inclined to share a few impressions. My entire life has been spent loving anything that had a motor, from go-carts, to mini-bikes, to motorcycles, to boats, to atv's, (you get the idea), and have always enjoyed the subtleties of these machines. When I bought the yellow 05 a few years ago, my only seat time in one of these cars, was to test drive a red 04 vert,(which, by the way, was purchased and totaled the NEXT day!) So other than falling in love with the color, I found myself wondering why I would get rid of my fantastic 05, to buy this purple 08. Much to my surprise, I was blown away by how differently, the motor, the clutch, and the transmission operated, and I was wondering if others that have gone from gen III to gen IV were as surprised as I was.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much to my surprise, I was blown away by how differently, the motor, the clutch, and the transmission operated, and I was wondering if others that have gone from gen III to gen IV were as surprised as I was.

I wouldn't say I was surprised so much as just excited at how different the car was. I have a GEN II and GEN IV and they are both just two totally different driving experiences and I love them both. :)

OP
OP
P

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now that I have this thing home, and I just this evening got a chance to spend several hours hand washing and waxing the car,( the wife loved that), to see what I really bought, several questions came to mind. What year-years did they make a gen I or gen II in purple? What are some of the rarest colors produced throughout the history of the car?