Put my 2009 ACR on the dyno.

Hurley1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wanted to get some base line numbers before I start modding. My 2009 ACR is BONE STOCK. (6400 rev limt, skip shift, white paper air filter) A little back ground on the dyno: Proven Power in Tampa. It is a dynojet, and I have been using it for 5 years. All of my built/modded vettes have been tuned on it. It's never been known to read high. Always very accurate...

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

I was blown away I immediatly called/texted some of my good friends in the viper community everyone was shocked we have never heard of a GEN4 car making this kind of power stock! This was in Tampa, FL on 12/14/13 and it was 80 degrees outside and overcast. Numbers are SAE. Both pulls were back to back, and the car was not cooled down at all before the pulls.

-Matt

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. You got a beast there. Congrats. I'd have to go run that th Hong down the quarter mile stock.

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
great looking numbers.... how many miles on it?

I am going to eventually have my 09 ACR dyno'd too... I am at 13k miles.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Hurley1--
I'm in Sarasota, where are you in Tampa? We have a great North Fl. VCA chapter that I hope you join if you are not a VCA member. We are having a Christmas party in Sarasota on Dec 28th at which Dick Winkles ( Viper Chief Engineer) will speak. PM me if you are interested in attending. would like to meet you--Dave

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great numbers, you mentioned a 6400rpm rev limit, are you sure your car does not have a Mopar Performance engine controller?

Happy Holiday

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great numbers, you mentioned a 6400rpm rev limit, are you sure your car does not have a Mopar Performance engine controller?

Happy Holiday

6,400 RPMs is the factory Gen 4 rev limit. The Mopar PCM raises that limit to 6,500.

The Gen 3 cars had a 6,250 rev limit.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thats whats advertised but it seems most car cars go into fuel shut off about 100rpm short of that. Really great numbers.

OP
OP
H

Hurley1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow. You got a beast there. Congrats. I'd have to go run that th Hong down the quarter mile stock.

Thanks, I will be running it down the 1/4 soon!

great looking numbers.... how many miles on it?

I am going to eventually have my 09 ACR dyno'd too... I am at 13k miles.

I just turned over 8k miles.

Nice :) That must be close to what the Gen V is putting down...:2tu:

Might be!

Congrats those are impressive numbers. Are they SAE corrected? Just curious as to what AFR you saw.

Numbers are SAE, STD corrected numbers would have been a little bit higher. I need to go back and look at the dyno sheet but IIRC AFR was normal.

Hurley1--
I'm in Sarasota, where are you in Tampa? We have a great North Fl. VCA chapter that I hope you join if you are not a VCA member. We are having a Christmas party in Sarasota on Dec 28th at which Dick Winkles ( Viper Chief Engineer) will speak. PM me if you are interested in attending. would like to meet you--Dave

Awesome, Thanks for the invite my good friend Lee invited me as well. I just need to look and see if I can make it sound like a good time. I live in Apollo Beach, and own a business in Bartow.

Happy Holiday

Yes I am sure. Car is 100% stock.

Well done and these numbers are pretty much what I got on my 09 ACR.

Nice! I cant believe the power they make! Closer to 650HP @ the motor.

6,400 RPMs is the factory Gen 4 rev limit. The Mopar PCM raises that limit to 6,500.

The Gen 3 cars had a 6,250 rev limit.

This.

Thats whats advertised but it seems most car cars go into fuel shut off about 100rpm short of that. Really great numbers.

Thanks!

tito#14srt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome numbers bro congrats!! As soon as I get my interior finished and get my car back together I'm going to get mine dynoed hopefully we can meet up sometime.

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did a charity dyno pull with my 09 ACR... on a mustang dyno and they said due to the 168mph 4th gear speed (at shut off) that they would need to do it in 3rd gear... what a waste... it did 475hp to the wheels which beat everything up until that point but no clue what that means in real numbers.... I was told doing it in 3rd gear causes it to show a lower number plus the mustang dyno vs dyno jet...