Q; oiling problem in high G-forces??

RoosterBooster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Forum...im reposting this in the performance mod section; maybe somebody over here can help me ;)
im a new guy here on this forum (with bad english skills; please be patient ) so i guess i need to give a little backgroundinfo first;
i build very radical all terrain/all purpose sportcars for friends...they look like this:
BIBAMUFU03.jpg

this here is one of my older cars
we drive mainly in the sanddune/desert areas of the southwest but the cars are just as much fun on the street or racetrack (streetlegal here in AZ )
we dont do the highroller "show`n`shine" stuff ....all we care for is driving fast and turning hard... so our engines are subjected to very harsh G-forces.
i just bought a 2006 Viper engine out of a SRT-10 truck (wrecked with only 700 miles....i guess it was too much engine for the preowner ) for my next project.
so here is my problem:
i like to mount the engine as low as possible in the frame to keep the center of gravity down low. the stock (truck) oil pan hangs too low .... swapping to the shallow "car" pan would be a idea but i did read about some oiling issues on gen3 Vipers that where used on the track (mainly with slicks and in extended hard left turns?!?)
i personaly would prefere to convert the engine to "drysump". did anybody do it already? is there any premade oilpan available?

any input would be highly appreciated
stephan

OP
OP
R

RoosterBooster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A local Phoenix tuner has done dry sump Viper installs for years. give him a ring!

http://www.fatalbertsmotorsports.com/index.htm

[email protected]

i personaly would prefere to convert the engine to "drysump". did anybody do it already? is there any premade oilpan available?

any input would be highly appreciated
stephan
Marv S
thanks for the link; thats exactly what i was looking for :2tu:
i never worked on something Dodge/Mopar so i just dont know where to look for perf parts and stuff.
i will give "Fat Albert" (funny name :p ) a call

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine