Question about 97 gts coupe weatherstripping

vipertom7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just bought a 1997 red gts coupe a couple days ago and I realized that the weatherstripping on the top corner of the passenger side window is broken off and it is almost coming off on the driver's side. Any idea where I can get this piece for both sides? It doesn't look like it is attached to the rest of the weather stripping that comes down the side of the window. Thanks.
You must be registered for see images attach

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to order the black part of the door exterior from Dodge. The weather stripping comes attached to it. I dont remember the cost. I replaced both sides a few years back.

Reaction score
Sometimes these can be repaired but will fail again. The new part is a "door flag" and runs about $400 per side not installed. If you want one or two call me and I will get you a good deal on the two.

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm living with it.
I'm living with it.

Me too!!

Sounds like a job for......duct tape! :D

I was going to just glue it in place but I was told that was a big no-no. So now I live with it too.

Come on.....there are some pretty savvy people on this site. No one has come up with a cheap solution?

OP
OP
V

vipertom7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks. I will probably try epoxy at first and see how it works out. Does anyone have a spare piece of this weatherstripping at the top corner of the window that I have pictured that they would be willing to sell or any idea who I can purchase it from? I just need it for the passenger side.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The MSRP on that part is now $435, so $325 new at PartsRack. I did the "stretchy glue" fix a couple times, but was probably lazy on my surface prep....it failed. I see LOT of Vipers, esp 96-97 the worst, that the owner seems unaware the rubber channel is GONE! The inner one can fall inside the door.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4