Question about paint job

berneto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a red 04 srt and I am thinking of getting a paint job. It would be the viper blue with white stripes. Would this be a good idea? Like, would it decrease in value if the paint job is good?

What kind of prices should I expect, and I live in Austin, Texas, wondered if anyone knew of a good place to get the paint job. Thanks.

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you"d be further ahead selling your car and shop for a newer one in the colors you want. Changing over the colors are going to be way too expensive to be worth it.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
depending on the quality of the job, you could be talking big bucks here. like VR said, you might be better off just buying the color you want.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re-paints are only as good as the preparation....if you do want to switch colors you'll likely have to not only have the original paint blocked down through the clear into the color coat, but then sealed in a base coat tinted to bring out the proper vibrancy of the blue....because you may get a funky blue with the red color coat underneath. A good body shop that has a painter who specializes in Composite bodies will know all this and put your mind at ease. If you don't get a good feel talking to the painter, get a quote but keep looking.

Regards,
Aaron

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine