Question About Transmission & Diff Fluid?

TRACKDAY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello All,

I plan on servicing and changing the fluid in the transmission and rear differential very soon due to track use.

Can anyone advise how many quarts the transmission and rear differential need for a complete flush and re-fill?

Thanks in advance :2tu:

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4 quarts for transmission, 2 quarts for the rear diff. You'll use a little less than that in both.

Don't forget friction modifier for the rear diff.

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It actually is a lot less than 2 quartz for the diff, but you'll need 2 because they don't sell 0,3-0,4 quartz...
Just in case you think while refilling that you didn't properly drain it.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I change my diff and tranny oil all the time, I have used mopar, royal purple , and now I'm running amzoil what a big difference the amzoil made on my car, runs smother, cooler and much less Noise

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TRACKDAY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I change my diff and tranny oil all the time, I have used mopar, royal purple , and now I'm running amzoil what a big difference the amzoil made on my car, runs smother, cooler and much less Noise

Great information........I was debating whether to use Royal Purple or Amsoil.

I think I'll go with Amsoil since you've had good results with it :D

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nog sure, but it's dead easy. Make sure the fluids aren't stone cold so they run out well. Make sure the car is level on stands or a lift; pull the plug, let it drip untill drips come out once a minute, or less. Put the plug back in at about 25nm or tight by hand. Fill her right up untill it's level with the bottem side of the fillhole...clean her up, job done.
Don't forget friction modifier in the diff and I always flush the diff with about a 1/4 of a quart, you'll have enough anyway...

Good luck

viper04blk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what amzoil product did you use in the tranny? Their website doesnt have any vipers as a selection

thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala