Question for '92 '93 vipers with Roe Exhaust

ukviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I took of the sill cover to start the Roe exhaust installation on my 93. Now the 92 - 93 vipers have different mounts than what the installation instructions state, but I was wondering what other owners did when mounting Roe's exhaust?
I am thinking I can pull the whole system off (it looks pretty easy to get to the two header flange bolts) and then simply weld the Roe exhaust just behind the front stock clamp and making a bracket for the rear.

Thoughts?

Nick

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my '94 it had a Hennessey 3" system. The pipe coming off the manifold was a welded adapter to connect from the manifold flange to the 3" pipe - no flexible part as on the Gen 2. The fabricated piece was in front of the footwell. The sidepipe was mounted to the body at two places. In front it was a single bar welded to the pipe and projecting into an isolator rubber. At the rear, two bars were welded to the pipe near the turnout and went into the rear rubber isolator. It would seem there isn't enough "slop" to account for heat expansion or engine movement, but it did fine.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the exhaust mounts on your 93 a bunch of springs on shouldered bolts? If so there is a kit from Chrysler to upgrade to the 94 and up rubber hangers/mounts. Then you can hang Roe's exhaust system without welding. I keep one of those kits in stock.
914-763-3136

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i installed the roe on my car gen 1 i chose to weld new hangers on mine and had a little cutting to do but the sound was worth everthing WOW you will love it!!!!!

OP
OP
U

ukviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm going to see Chuck tomorrow and pick up the exhaust hanger conversion and then go from there.

Nick