Question for FLA owners,,,

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do the bare metal parts of your cars look like? Pedal assy., elec. brackets, etc.,
with the high humidity down there, salt air, and flash floods...LOL
I'm working on a car here that was purchased from Fla. and I'm starting to question some of the things I'm seeing.
Thnx,
Mitch:2tu:

omore001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've lived in FLA my whole life and none of my cars have never had the weather affect how the bare metal parts of my cars look. However I do have some of my friends who live in the keys and closer to the beach who own older cars. I have noticed some rust under these cars, mostly chasis and suspension rust.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy to wash titles in Florida, maybe you have a New Orleans Katrina car. i would be checking history of the car pretty hard especially if it came from an "Exotic Dealer" in Florida. Not trying to ruin your day, I just don't hink it would be that bad on the parts you mention on a car that is not that old.

OP
OP
SNKEBIT

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy to wash titles in Florida, maybe you have a New Orleans Katrina car. i would be checking history of the car pretty hard especially if it came from an "Exotic Dealer" in Florida. Not trying to ruin your day, I just don't hink it would be that bad on the parts you mention on a car that is not that old.

LOL It came from a dealer in Fla.:dunno:

One more thing, I've NEVER seen a set of tires dry rotted like these. The car is a 99 RT/10
Black w/ connely int. And a really bad paint job.
Carfax comes up clean................

97gtsmonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have also lived in florida my whole life and never had any problems.. my car is always garaged not sure if that matters. im in the tampa area so not right on the water..

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only people that have a problem around here are those folks who live, or work within a few hundred yards of the beaches. Sometimes the winds kick up the surf something fierce, and you can see the salt just building up on all the parked cars here at the beach. I live inland, which cuts down on my vehicles salt intake :p

For perspective, I bought a 2002 chevy PU back in 2002. I drive it to work just about every day, and work within 200 yards of the beach. Any exposed bare metal (brackets and stuff like the alternator being bare aluminum) does begin to corrode, or get that aluminum powder oxidation after awhile. It's not so bad after 5 years, but it's there.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because of the heat most higher end cars are kept in garages ...thereby limiting their exposure to some extent to the elements. Also you do not have the spectacular surf like other East Coast beaches -confining ocean spray to within the beach area. I am surprised at the integrity of most cars here; I would have though there would be more corrosion. The single most pressing issue is the unethical culture of "exotic dealers" . Be careful who you buy from....

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys does anyone know of a exotic dealer call Specialty Cars of Sarasota? The reason why I am asking is b/c I won an auction for a 94 Viper with only 21K miles on it. From the pictures the car looks great. From what the dealer is saying is in like new condition. New tires and brakes. I got it for a really good deal b/c it was a no reserve auction. Lucked up and won it for cheap. They have sold 71 cars on ebay with an 97% feedback score.

Does anyone know anything about Specialty Cars of Sarasota? If so let me know. Thanks guys! Can't wait to be a Viper owner!

Jon M
Charlotte NC

97gtsmonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have heard of them and talked to them before. they only have nice cars on their lot and deal with classics also. but i have never seen any of their cars in person

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys does anyone know of a exotic dealer call Specialty Cars of Sarasota? The reason why I am asking is b/c I won an auction for a 94 Viper with only 21K miles on it. From the pictures the car looks great. From what the dealer is saying is in like new condition. New tires and brakes. I got it for a really good deal b/c it was a no reserve auction. Lucked up and won it for cheap. They have sold 71 cars on ebay with an 97% feedback score.

Does anyone know anything about Specialty Cars of Sarasota? If so let me know. Thanks guys! Can't wait to be a Viper owner!

Jon M
Charlotte NC

I have seen that car in person.i purchased my 01 acr from him.mine was parked in front of yours in his garage at his house.i did not look that one over very well,but from what i remember,it looked pretty sharp.

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you are happy with your purchase? That makes me feel better knowing someone has bought from the dealer before and were happy. I'm buying this car unseen so I was just taking the dealers word and the pictures. Paying for it today and should have it next week.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you live close to or on the beach and the salt air gets to the vehicle, the best bet is to wash it right when you get it home. It's entirely possible this could be a cause. If you do not live near or on a beach, you shouldn't be having a problem. Garage kept vehicles will keep the paint from fading, but the metal parts should be unaffected either way...:usa:

OP
OP
SNKEBIT

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this vehicle looks like water sat in the spark plug sockets for a while.
There are numerous parts that look really rusted bad for a car this age.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32