Question for Joe/Steve (dealers too maybe)

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions that I think might be of public interest, so I figured I'd ask 'em here.

1) First, what (if any) accomodation for attending VOI is being made for folks who ordered an SRT, but have since sold their previous Viper? I tried to register but it asked for a VIN# - I don't have a VIN or a VON, but I'm pretty sure (I hope anyway), that I am eligible to go to VOI. Could I use my certificate # perhaps?

2) Second, we have heard that the car will be delivered "in the customers name" to the dealer, and some have hinted that there may be mechanisms in place to prevent folks selling their cars to others. As someone who lives in the North East, if I can't get my car before, say, November 1, I would PREFER not to get it until maybe around April sometime. If my car were to show up at my dealer say in December, is there anything preventing me from passing it along to someone who would rather have theirs NOW and waiting for a later delivery? I bought 2 bikes this year and usually they are able to do this, since they don't actually assign you a VIN, they just take as many orders as they have allocation slots. But since the Viper is going on the cert program, I wonder if there is anything DC will be doing that would prevent this?

3) While I'm at it - I might as well ask... any ideas on when the first SRT's will start hitting showrooms? Any ideas on allocation method yet (first come first served, I think?), and any ideas on when we will find out the MSRP of the car?

Thanks guys!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Answers (sort of):

1) Call 800-998-1110 and ask for Fiona

2) Hmmmmmm. Talk to your dealer, I'm sure he wouldn't mind keeping one in the showroom (inside velvet ropes of course) as a display for a few months.

3)No, no, no

Tony Estes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,
Answer to question 3 Base price $79,995.00 last I heard. I would expect to see the SRT-10 deliveries to start in late November.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte