Question for supercharged SRT owners

Tool Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to buy a new Viper and install a Paxton unit. I am however really
concerned about blowing the warranty. I guess I could just keep my fingers
crossed but that would be very scary. Any thoughts on this? I know I don't need
the supercharger but I think it would further personalize the car.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't have it both ways, unless you have a great relationship with your dealer. keeping your fingers crossed is mandatory with the Viper... :cool:
Go for the supercharger, you wont be sorry. :2tu:

blonzz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would like to know what type of stress the Paxton puts on the "factory stock" engine/rearend? Is it borderline?

I am also looking into this modification if it can be considered safe if not abused on a factory stock car.

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to know what type of stress the Paxton puts on the "factory stock" engine/rearend? Is it borderline?

I am also looking into this modification if it can be considered safe if not abused on a factory stock car.
Yes, it is safe, considered that you don't call yourself a "tuner" and attempt to install and tune it yourself. Have the car professionally installed and dyno tuned by someone who has experience will paxtons on an SRT. This way, your A/F mixtures will be safe, and you will reduce the chance ten fold of any potential problem. Higher horsepower is safe, as long as the air and fuel are stoich. Adding more horsepower is going to add more stress to any engine application, whether a Dodge or Ferrari. The paxton does not cause stress on the crank like other blowers do, which is of course a good thing. If you plan on launching the car hard and taking her to the track, I would recommend you purchase the upgraded Quaife rear-end. Also, it would be wise to go for a clutch upgrade as well. The rear-end is more of a weak link in this situation.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What he said exactly !!! Quaife is in my future or as soon as I begin to have problems...None so far (knock on wood)

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
If you add the supercharger, it's only a matter of time before you need to change the diff. Unitrax did my Quaife after two OE diff failures. This Quaife really works well and and should have been original equipment.

As far as clutches go, the LUK OE replacement clutch / pp combo that I'm running now works very well considering it's only $250.00 plus install of about 4 hours. Though LUK makes the factory clutch /pp, the replacement unit has operated more smoothly and not felt nearly as "mushy" as the clutch /pp that came with the car. Skip White can get the clutch for you.

Good luck,

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi