Question for those that have gone 19" AND lowered w/eibachs

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California
Question for those that have gone 19\" AND lowered w/eibachs

If you go with 345/30 on 19" rims and lower the car with eibachs, is the net ground clearance loss just 1/2 inch since the overall wheel diameter is 1" larger?
Do the eibachs alone improve handling at the track or in the canyons?
I am struggling with this, as ground clearance is somewhat marginal in the boonies where I live. I am willing to be careful and want handling improvement if its available, just hoping that lowering will not be to radical for my road situation. Is there anyone with 19", eibachs and rural roads to live with?
thanks

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Question for those that have gone 19\" AND lowered w/eibachs

If you go with 345/30 on 19" rims and lower the car with eibachs, is the net ground clearance loss just 1/2 inch since the overall wheel diameter is 1" larger?
Do the eibachs alone improve handling at the track or in the canyons?
I am struggling with this, as ground clearance is somewhat marginal in the boonies where I live. I am willing to be careful and want handling improvement if its available, just hoping that lowering will not be to radical for my road situation. Is there anyone with 19", eibachs and rural roads to live with?
thanks

The answer to the first question is yes - the 19" rim with that tire is 1" taller than stock increasing the ride height 1/2". The Eibach springs lower the car 1".

I have the same set-up with the addition if the NW Engineering lowering caps for an additional 1/2" drop. The handling and ride is improved and it looks much better.

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anthony,
Noticeable effect on speedometer reading? With 1" taller tire I was wondering if it is measurably off.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anthony,
Noticeable effect on speedometer reading? With 1" taller tire I was wondering if it is measurably off.

Nothing noticable - but I have not rode next to someone at speed to see the exact difference.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Question for those that have gone 19

Thanks Anthony, how are the roads where you live? I know its pretty flat there but hkave never driven in Houston area.

Good and bad - depends on where you go. I have driven lowered cars for years and I am just used to looking ahead and taking driveways and speed bumps at sharp angles.

I really don't think you will notice 1/2" change in ride height. You could always got the front facia bumber guards that Roe sells.

DChan415

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anthony, do you have 345/30/19s on your car? Do the rears rub at all?

Mine do...

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anthony, do you have 345/30/19s on your car? Do the rears rub at all?

Mine do...

I don't have any rub problems. Keep in mind every Viper is a little different. I know some that rub in the front and have to turn their wheels to open the hood.

Mine is good so far on the front and rear - but I need to get an alignment - so that might change things.