Question for you guys who know about Nitrous

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Working on a project for a guy... trying to make him a custom digital NOS guage with pressure readout, bottle capacity remaining, and "sweet spot" pressure meter in one.

Only question is - I can't find anyone who makes a NOS pressure sender - something that would screw into the line and give a signal for pressure (voltage indicates pressure probably).

Do they make such a beast? What about the NOS pressure guages you can buy? Do they simply screw into the lines and give a readout based on pressure?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hello Mike -

I don't know of any "digital" pressure gauge but there are plenty of "analog" gauges available that may suit your NOS needs. A gauge for "brake pressure" will work for a nitrous system. The guys at NX make a nice looking gauge you may want to check out, It has the "pressure zones" on the face that help indicate proper pressure areas. As far as I know, the only way to check your nitrous supply left is to weigh the bottle: I used to carry a small digital scale in a case that would be very useful (not smart to carry w/o a nitrous bottle, explain that one to the cops
smile.gif
.)

Give me a call at the shop I'll explain more if you'd like,
Doug

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

Bottle weight is the number one way to determine the amount of nitrous remaining. A bottle heater will help keep pressure at a nominal amount for constant use, so nitrous depletion and the associated pressure drop are not present with a good heater blanket.

I can supply you with a Liquid filled pressure gauge that can mount on the bottle, in the line, or in the cockpit.

I have an old addage about nitrous usage. KEEP IT SIMPLE. Anything electronic runs a risk of failure at some point so design your system with that as the number 1 concern.

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte