Question on 6 pt harness install on ACR

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 09 ACR and would like to install 6 pt harnesses. I have reviewed the illustrated how to on this previously posted but cannot find location for lap belt bolts. Instructions say to look behind exhaust exit for bolt sleeve. However, on my car there is aluminum heat shield around the exhaust pipe that obscures what is above. for those who have installed, am i looking in the right place as it is not evident where to find the bolt location and I don't want to randomly dig up under the carpeting or remove heat shield unless necessary.
Appreciate any help.
PAVenomRT/10

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PA, don't know about the 09's and the heat shield you mentioned? Can you get your hand behind the shield and try to find the sleeve?

If that doesn't work, then look at the picture on the illustrated thread where the awl is poking throught the carpet inside. Can't remember the dimension but the sleeve is maybe 2" from the bulkhead and 1'-2" off the floor.

If you don't want to try that then use the stock belt bolt. That location is safe and I had to go that route after I put in a roll bar.

Feel free to pm if you have any other questions Mike

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you need to access the bolts from inside the car.....I'm not at my car right now but you can feel the bolt under the carpet.....I believe it was about 4 inches back and an inch above the seat belt...take a utility knife and make a cut in the carpet when you feel the bolt to expose it......same thing on the tranny tunnel....

edit: I can't remember for sure but I think the bolts are already there....if not you can feel for the hole....it's a pain but once you find them an easy install....I think i made a cut in the fabric at the recommended measurements to help me find them.....no one will ever see the carpet down there anyways.....

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently bought the team tech 6 pt. for my 09 ACR and had my Viper tech install it. Only took a short time but the seat has to come out and the supplied hardware was mounted behind the seat by removing a small cover and attaching the shoulder portion. The remainder was bolted to the floor in front of the seat. No holes had to be drilled. Pretty simple but be VERY careful when removing the seat so as not to scratch anything. The seat back was first raised up then angled out of the car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21