Question on stock ride height clearance

lABrit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what the stock ride height clearance is on the front bumper? I need to make sure i can get in and out of my driveway!

Thanks,

Josh.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it has a regular subdivision curb like mine does the best way to get in and out with no scraping sound is to back up the driveway. I tried pulling in at a 45 degree angle but backing in was the solution for me.

I don't know why some owners lower their Viper even more. These things are low enough already.

OP
OP
L

lABrit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not lowering it, no way!

I need to find out if the car is lower that my current vehicle, because there is a horrible dip in between the road and the driveway that is actually about 4 inches deep and i always scrape.

How many inches is the Viper front bumper off the ground on stock wheels and ride height?

Thanks, Josh.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
If you have a 4 inch dip, you'd better be careful and enter it very slowly at a 45 degree angle.

Coming out in an SRT can be even worse with the rear diffusers.

Good luck.

OP
OP
L

lABrit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually just found out that it is the cities duty to fix the road where it meets the drive and reported it. Hopefully they'll be out to fix it before the car arrives!

Josh.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would just fix it myself if they don't,,,,,,little bit of redi-mix and a smooth trowel.............lol

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Gen II is 3.2" off the ground from lower part of facia to ground (Stock) I don't know about the SRT.

Last edited:

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 04' and I have a gutter out in front of my house and the car has no problem forward or backward straight on. And my driveway is angled up slightly, so I would imagine you could make it. I think I have read that the SRT is 5.1" off the ground.

OP
OP
L

lABrit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 04' and I have a gutter out in front of my house and the car has no problem forward or backward straight on. And my driveway is angled up slightly, so I would imagine you could make it. I think I have read that the SRT is 5.1" off the ground.

I'm pretty sure that if my Honda S2000 scrapes, that the Viper will!

OP
OP
L

lABrit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: The city came and fixed the mentioned area - what a difference!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it has a regular subdivision curb like mine does the best way to get in and out with no scraping sound is to back up the driveway. I tried pulling in at a 45 degree angle but backing in was the solution for me.

I don't know why some owners lower their Viper even more. These things are low enough already.

The 45 degree angle does work on my viper which is lowered.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960