Question on the new car - Is there a jack, etc??

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you who have already taken delivery, Does the new car have a jack & lug wrench & such, or do they feel that due to the run flats, there is no need for them? If these are not in the car, I wonder if my RT/10 wasn't probably lighter with the top, spare & accessories removed than the new car is. Just wondering, thanks in advance!

Rick

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Remember, the RT/10 has to have the tire in the trunk for structural safety.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was more hoping that the weight of the new car included a jack that I could take out, actually. The small weight savings over the old car are less than I would have hoped for, especially when you realize that they are almost entirely because of the abscence of these items. One might want a jack so you could take off a shredded tire in an emergency and get a lift to a tire shop for a replacement, though.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was more hoping that the weight of the new car included a jack that I could take out, actually. The small weight savings over the old car are less than I would have hoped for, especially when you realize that they are almost entirely because of the abscence of these items. One might want a jack so you could take off a shredded tire in an emergency and get a lift to a tire shop for a replacement, though.

The new Vipers come with runflats don't they? Why would one need a jack? These tires don't shred, do they? Just wondering.
-Daffy

Reaction score
These are new tires(and sizes) and are not likely to be found at your local tire store or service station.

If you lose one of these tires it will be off to the Tire Rack for a replacement. And if the run flat fails call for a toe.

The utility of a jack is very close to ZERO!

Milksnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got our new SRT/10 today - love it! It is so easy to drive...can't get my wife out it. Looks like I'll be stuck with driving the GTS!!! ;)

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck Milksnake. Wish I could take out one of the Vipers but NO. It is snowing again in the Godforsaken place! When does spring really arrive???

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
should always leave the spare in an RT/10 the spare is part of the crush zone(structural part of car), Viperdays will not allow you to run w/ out it in. a little weight on the rear wheels never hurts anyway.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are those pesky light pole bases one could back or slide into in the wrong situation. Did you trailer the car to the auto-cross? Or drive to it? If you drove there I would want the spare in at least till I got there. I still think the extra weight on the rear is good, I like to run w/ a full tank of gas also for that reason.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I did trailer the car, & I prefered to run with as little weight on the rear as posible as it allows me to place the back of the car more precisely with the throttle. To each his own.