Questions about recent drag racing times?

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no agenda here other than to try and understand what's going on with the recent dramatic improvements in 1/4 mile times (8.75).

1. How much of the improvement is due to traction control?

2. How fast would a blower car like Brian Anderson's Underground car at approx 1100RWHP go with traction control? (9.27 without)

3. How fast would a car like Chad's run without traction control?

4. How much RWHP do you think Chad's car is putting down?

I'm aware that there are MANY factors that go into building a car that will run eights but am trying to understand the delta effect of traction control on a Viper in the 1/4 mile..

Feel free to speculate. :usa:

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is that my car would be lucky to run in the 14's without traction control and the blower cars would easily run in the high 4's with it. :smirk:

Can't wait to see the guesses on the big Heffner TT rwhp and tq numbers.

Chad

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is that my car would be lucky to run in the 14's without traction control and the blower cars would easily run in the high 4's with it. :smirk:

Can't wait to see the guesses on the big Heffner TT rwhp and tq numbers.

Chad

Chad, I was hoping you wouldn't take my questions as anything other than an interest to quantify the impact of traction control on a high power Viper. There is zero attempt to diminish your achievement in any of my questions. As I mentioned in another post, I watched Roof's TT and Anderson's blower car slide all over the track at Shreveport. I remember thinking that either would really benefit from some type of traction control. It seemed to me that after a certain point more power wasn't doing anyone any good as it wasn't going to the ground anyway. You and Heffner have made that a reality and I'm interested in knowing how much of a benefit traction control is. That's all. :2tu: :usa:

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking Brian's car could be the 1st blower car in the 8's with some traction aid.

Chad's car is making some serious power and that is the only way to describe it and he can drive the hell out of it with or without traction control.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That question will probably be answered within the next year when the rich folks pony up for the AEM and tuning time (engine and traction control). Us poor folks need not apply.... Should be fun to watch....

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad, does the AEM moderate boost level to obtain traction control? Just wondering how it works because I don't know how you would moderate boost of a supercharged car. Would it be done with timing etc???

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shelby3, one car is running 155mph the other is 168mph, that is a big difference in horsepower. Also one is crank driven the other exhaust therefore turbo still has more potential for increase boost which relates to more power. Traction control will help the et but not the mph. Remember crank driven is always under boost while the turbo drops off drastically at each shift point. Chad with just a AUTO change is low 8's without any boost change. Is that awesome or what?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456