Quick Question on 6-point Harness Install....

chasedrive

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my 6 point Ram Pack Harness from PartRack!

I have a 08 ACR

6-PT-SRT-ACR Ram-Pack harness. Red/Black/ Black / Black Pull Up-Snap
Double-Adjust laps

8 EyeBolt Forged EyeBolt Anchors

I am not going to install them myself.......

What Should I expect from the local shops for Installation?

How many hrs per seat...

Thanks, Frank

jm24ond6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would expect them to charge 2-3 hours of labor. If you have navigation, the module for it is located behind the passenger seat where the shoulder belt bolts go and needs to be relocated and could cause some problems.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful with this on the street. Many issues discussed on this subject here on the board. I took mine out. Serious injury may result to you and or passenger.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to ask this question, what is a 6 point harness I definitely know what a 5 point harness is...not sure where the sixth belt goes ?? I hope I don't get too much heat for asking....just my $.02

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to ask this question, what is a 6 point harness I definitely know what a 5 point harness is...not sure where the sixth belt goes ?? I hope I don't get too much heat for asking....just my $.02

Instead of a single sub belt there are two belts coming off from the same point on the clasp. They hold you better than just one. However there have been several posts about some folks not liking the comfort of the 6 points and several other posts including some well respected vendors that say the 6 points are much safer. There was one post with pics of a rally navigator that was in a crash with 6 points where his you know what came out of his you know what. And this was not pretty, I almost lost my lunch. Made me think I'll stay with the 5 points.

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would expect them to charge 2-3 hours of labor. If you have navigation, the module for it is located behind the passenger seat where the shoulder belt bolts go and needs to be relocated and could cause some problems.

why would the module have to relocated??:confused:

OP
OP
C

chasedrive

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone stated be careful on the streets... Please explain...

Should I be concerned? I got this for safety at driving event, and thought it would look cool!

Please, more help!

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It took me an hour to install the driver's side. It's really, really easy. The second one goes it a quicker as from the learning curve. You do not have to remove the seats in a gen 4.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone stated be careful on the streets... Please explain...

Should I be concerned? I got this for safety at driving event, and thought it would look cool! Could make you look very dead.

Please, more help There is a lot of info on this subject so read through the posts on 6 points and just safety belts Jon has important information and woodhouse. here is a post.
would STRONGLY discourage anyone from using these types of harnesses for highway driving. These are ment to hold you in place for a racing enviroment and will cause your death in a helmetless road accident! With the standard belts you can move side to side in an accident allowing you to avoid a broken neck. Do you see were I'm going with this? Please do not wear these for everyday driving!

Your concerned Viper freind,

Mark Jorgensen
Woodhouse Viper

OP
OP
C

chasedrive

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the help!!!!

don't worry, I will never wear them on the street!

thanks again....

Learn something everyday..

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my old car the two lower belts came up from the sides under my thighs and up the middle--did not bind the crotch. The new car has two belts coming up the middle a few inches apart--not so comfortable.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
quote=chasedrive;2750808]someone stated be careful on the streets... Please explain...

Should I be concerned? I got this for safety at driving event, and thought it would look cool! Could make you look very dead.

Please, more help There is a lot of info on this subject so read through the posts on 6 points and just safety belts Jon has important information and woodhouse. here is a post.
would STRONGLY discourage anyone from using these types of harnesses for highway driving. These are ment to hold you in place for a racing enviroment and will cause your death in a helmetless road accident! With the standard belts you can move side to side in an accident allowing you to avoid a broken neck. Do you see were I'm going with this? Please do not wear these for everyday driving!

Your concerned Viper freind,

Mark Jorgensen
Woodhouse Viper

I'm not sure that I could figure that post out. Was that an actual post made by Mark Jorgensen?

jm24ond6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
why would the module have to relocated??:confused:

I guess relocated is a strong word. There is a module (or something) located where one of the bolts goes behind the passengers head. I was told by some people that it can be relocated under the seat and I guess some people have done that. I did something else. Either way, I have seen one person who had theirs installed by a shop and they used the single bolt hole behind the passengers side, located in the middle of the opening. Only using 1 anchor point for the top 2 straps. I told them that is a no no

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure that I could figure that post out. Was that an actual post made by Mark Jorgensen?
yes but it started here..........here is a post.

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess relocated is a strong word. There is a module (or something) located where one of the bolts goes behind the passengers head. I was told by some people that it can be relocated under the seat and I guess some people have done that. I did something else. Either way, I have seen one person who had theirs installed by a shop and they used the single bolt hole behind the passengers side, located in the middle of the opening. Only using 1 anchor point for the top 2 straps. I told them that is a no no

i did my passenger seat and that module was held in by two fasteners using the two factory harness points. i just removed the factory bolts and replaced them with the longer 1 1/2" harness eye bolts to match the length of the factory ones removed and have no problem attaching or removing harness clips. so module is still in same location with no issues. i posted this same question a few weeks back, so i pay attention to any comment made to the passanger side harness install, in case i did something wrong. and the harness install is simple and quick the harness belt adjustments takes twice as long as the harnees install:2tu:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes but it started here..........here is a post.
Thanks! I have been reading through posts here and on other forums and it does concern me that using a 6-point or 5-point harness with a helmet on the track would be just as dangerous to my neck as someone who would use it on the street without a helmet. The added weight on the head and the lack of movement in the torso would seem to exagerate the danger to the neck.

I have not yet purchased a Hans Device; but, the more I think about it, the more that it seems like the smart thing to do.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a HANS for that very reason. I read somemwhere it's 30 or 40 MPH that can break your neck. I has the pro model, sold it awile back then last week bough the sports model. It's not quite the same but it's improved in many way. I have the sliding teathers and the channels for the belt. The other advantage to a HANS is I don't go home with seat belt marks on my shoulders after a weekend of tracking the car. Try ebay or SafeRacer - Auto Racing Safety Equipment, Auto Racing Gear, Auto Racing Helmets, Auto Racing Suits. I bought mine new.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang