quick question on trans fill

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What king of pump do you guys use to refill your trans, or do you gravity feed.
Thanks again

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Have used 3 different hand pumps...unhappy with all...messy!!!

Have tried gravity feed...works, but slow, messy.

Bought a couple of stainless steel yard sprayers, converted all tubing to reinforced, flexible PVC type (as it does not deteriorate with fluids such as Dexton III), spliced in a shut-off valve and have a very usable delivery system...separate unit for each of the tranny fluids that I use.

Thses rigs have served me well for 10 years.

If I recall, ab posted a similar set-up with pics 4-5 years ago.

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$8 hand pump bought at local auto parts store. Screws on to the bluid bottle, easy peasy. I want to get under the car anyway to inspect things, so I don't find it a PITA. I have a Mityvac that I use for brake bleeding, but think the larger units would be overkill for the amount of maintenance I'm doing (two cars and a bike).

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seem to be doing this weekly. I think I will hang a 5 gal pail from my garage ceiling, with a tube and shutoff about 6 in from the end.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
That's a gravity feed system...just be sure that the fluid you are using does not dissolve the tubing. For example, running the old Dexron III through polyethylene tubing instantly "clouds" the tubing, carrying a film ofsome of same into the tranny...and a few days later, the formerly soft, pliable tubing cracks in half when handled.