Quickest cast piston car.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I will never have to worry about competing with the big dogs, I was curious to know where my 10.19 stacked up as far as cast piston cars go. I am just a good launch away from knocking on a 9 second pass or a blown motor. :D

anyone quicker?

John

ps - stock halfshafts as well. :D

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That "stock halfshafts" thing isn't going to last... especially on slicks and skinnies!

Enjoy the gloating while you can... :)

BTW - yes, I think you are the fastest cast piston car out there, though there is a DLM stage I+ that is pushing close to 800hp at the tires as a creampuff... but I don't know if it has any track time under its belt.

JD

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
J Dawg is the King of the Cast Pistons!

Now did Ihear you right? stock Halfshafts??? change them now or you will find yourself being pushed backwards at the next race! that is a terrible feeling LOL

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I gor reeeeeaaaaalllllllllll lucky on that pass. The car hooked pretty good and I was quite surprised to see the timeslip.

Not really something to be proud of and new shafts will be installed in a few weeks. Lot of people break them with less power than me. Like I say, I know I got lucky and don't plan on making another pass on them.

Although I wouldn't mind breaking into the 9's with the cast pistons before I change them. I think I have already located a pretty good shadetree mechanic in the Atlanta area to help me do the piston swap. :D

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From one cast guy to another, care to give a quick list of mods to produce that time? Spraying it I'm sure, but what else?

Great time btw.

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From one cast guy to another, care to give a quick list of mods to produce that time? Spraying it I'm sure, but what else?

Great time btw.

heads/cam and the car made 520/535 so it is a pretty mild setup.

then I added a TNT n2o kit(which I dunno if anyone else is running one on a Viper......anyone???) and on a 100 shot the car ran a 10.52 on slicks(10.62 on dr's) with a mediocre launch.

put the 150 pills in for a final run (1 run only) and made the 10.19 pass with a pretty good launch.

John

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isaac, I have not, but the car made another 80/180 on the 100 shot. I called TNT and they felt those numbers were a little low. They said the kit should make the 100 rwhp and a touch over 200 rwtq on the 100 shot.

I plan on dynoing again real soon if I can get the local(3 hours away) shop to fit me in in the next couple of weeks.

John

ps - I am anxious to see how your car runs once you get a set of tires under it. keep me posted.

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm sure you will make close to 700rwhp. I'm doing everything this winter, I'm still working on the heads/cam package, half shafts, drag radials, etc. I will keep you posted as I go on.

Isaac

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960