quiet gen 1 exhaust??!!

mralbuquerque

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I found a great combo as far as making the Gen 1 Viper sound good yet liveable.

My combo:

Ebay headers
Roe high flow cat
24" Lobak mufflers
3 inch exhaust

I use to run the stock exhaust minus mufflers. Running without mufflers use to be a pain in the ears around 1200-1400 rpm. Now I can actually have a conversation while driving. The sound level is very close to stock with the above exhaust mods.

Lobak mufflers are spiral flow inside like the Moroso brand except their twice as long. According to Lobak he designed these back in the 1970's for circle track usage. For those running without a cat one can probably run 30" which would probably be quieter than my combo.

I found these mufflers accidently while searching the Cobra Kit Car forums. From my reading Laguna Seca has some very strict noise levels and these mufflers along with some brand of turbo mufflers made the grade of 95 db's.

I'm going to try and post up a sound clip shortly.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad that works for you. Surprised, but glad for you.

I had Gen 2 headers, 3" exhaust, hennessey high flow cat, and used Spiral-flo mufflers, which is sort of what you're describing. In my case it was louder and more painful than any of the three side exhaust systems I tried.

I ended up with a Gen2 stock exhaust on my Gen 1. Should have done it a long time ago.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang