RACED A SUPRA

SMCBUILDERSINC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I WAS TRAVELING ON A CLOSED ROAD IN MEXICO TODAY, AS I USUALLY DO FROM TIME TO TIME. ANOTHER GUY THAT ID HEARD OF PULLED UP TO ME IN HIS 94 TOYOTA SUPRA, KEEP IN MIND I WAS IN MY BLACK 99RT WHICH IS STOCK ECCEPT I DELETED THE REAR MUFFLER. WE BEGAN TO TALK FROM WINDOW TO WINDOW, NEXT WE PLACED THE CARS IN THE BOTTOM OF SECOND GEAR. I IMMEDIATLEY HEARD THE SMOOTH SOUNDS OF A TURBO CHARGER LETTING ME KNOW THAT HE WAS NOT STOCK. WE BOTH NAILED IT, IT WAS VERY CLOSE. I BEGAN TO PULL AT THE PLACEMENT OF THIRD GEAR. BY THE TOP OF THIRD HIS NOSE WAS AT MY MIDDLE DOOR. TO CLOSE FOR ME, WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO ENSURE VICTORY EVERYTIME I RACE THESE TURBO FANATICS? I KNOW HES DONE WORK TO THE CAR BUT I NEED MORE THEN THAT.

HERES THE QUESTION, HAS ANYONE SEEN A DIFFERANCE IN DYNO NUMBERS BETWEEN ROE RACINGS TUBES AND FILTERS OR THE REAL K&N SETUP. I BELIEVE HE USES ANOTHER BRAND. ANY OTHER CHEAP MODS THAT U GUYS LIKE?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You beat him didn't you? That's all that matters.

If you already have tubes/filters then move to the exhaust. Replace the rear muffler with pipes for $100 to $150, I picked up 10hp. Want more? Replace the cats with pipes or hi flows. More? Headers. More? Heads. Wheels/tires, flywheel, gears, suspension, N2O, supercharger, turbos, etc.

I've run several Supras in my bone stock RT/10. None have come close but they all thought the would.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you raced a BPU Supra. They come from the factory turbo by the way. But because he kept up with you he definately aint stock....They can be a handful...For starters get headers, cat-back, smooth tubes, and a ecu and you will definately be beating BPU - BPU+++ and pretty much even with ++++...However, 600-700hp Supra's are becomming more plentiful on the road...A few even in the 800-900hp range..I have a few friends with 700hp+ Supras.....If you want to keep ahead of all of them you will have to talk to LPE, DLM, ROE, etc and get some serious power...It aint cheap when you want to stay at the top unless you want NOSSSS...Theres a guy with a 200 shot[Albert C?]that does 9's @ 146[?]...I would say you are safe from any Supra in your neck of the woods with that kind of power...Stay away from them Texas boyz though unless you got a tt Viper
laugh.gif

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's easy to get a Supra to around 400 rwhp which is what your stock RT/10 has. Problem is the same Supra could have 500, 600 or more rwhp so some tubes and filter are not going to help you. You need some real power like heads/cam supercharger or nitrous. I've only encountered a couple of Supra's and they were slow. Considering there are more Vipers in the US than Supras, comming across a really fast Supra (relativly speaking) is going to be rare.

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TexasViper:
Will the nos be worth getting for a bone stock car or will I need to get intake and exhaust first?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitly the most bang for the buck is a NX nitrous kit. My experience is that if you want to some day have a scary fast Viper, to buy those parts from the start even if they seem to be overkill. It would have saved me thousands in repurchases.

Don't feel funny about asking those guys any questions. They were buying smooth tubes / K&N's just a couple of years ago.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason it was close was the 'rolling start'. Most real life BPU (stock turbo's) Supra I've seen run 12.5-13.0's (most high 12's low 13's). Until the boost builds, they don't have much power. From a standing start, you should pull a few cars lengths immediately, at least. They do have 340-400 RWHP, but that's at peak RPM's. Take a look at a Supra's Dyno chart and you will see what I mean. At lower RPM's, they feel/are pretty weak. That is why most serious 1/4 racers with turbo's decide to kick those smaller displacement motor in the as* with a small shot of nitrous. I have driven many high performance street cars, and 2 things still hold true:

1.) Less weight is a good thing....
2.) No replacement for displacement....

smile.gif

OP
OP
S

SMCBUILDERSINC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well the supra owner said tjat he ran consistant 12.30s the other night. yes it was from a roll. i wonder if i could pull him off the line? i spin alot though. is the bpu supra the one with the simple mods for like 1300 dollars that gives you like 450 to 470 horsepower at the wflywheel? i think ive seen it on the supra stores website. thanks for yalls info.

v8huntr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had 800rwhp supra. supra can run low 11's with stock turbos when wastgate is shimed to hold higher boost. most of them put down around 430 to 470rwhp with stock turbos. single turbos kit goes for less than 4G and can put down 800+rwhp. my old car dynoed 600+rwhp on pump gas so i would say it's not easy to beat them.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had 800rwhp supra. supra can run low 11's with stock turbos when wastgate is shimed to hold higher boost. most of them put down around 430 to 470rwhp with stock turbos. single turbos kit goes for less than 4G and can put down 800+rwhp. my old car dynoed 600+rwhp on pump gas so i would say it's not easy to beat them.

"Bobby, Bobby,

Wake up.... You don't want to be late for first period wood shop."

The above statment is a classic. To think I spent all this money on a Viper, when I could'a bought a used 1993 TT Supra for $17,000 and added $4K more for 800 RWHP.... On the other hand, I still would not of bought that rice, rice, baby....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Bobby,

No that you are awake I think there may be no more than a few Supra's putting down that kind'a power (800 RWHP), and the owner's have put a fortune into them, as LT-5 has indicated.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a similar situation with a porsche 911 twin Turbo! Made me real mad! So i Sent my Car to Doug Levin to take care of anymore close calls!!!

The only bad part is the wait!!! It is killing me!!!

David

98 red GTS Currently Being Supercharged by DLM
(Intercooled Level - 2)

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see LT5 is once again trying to impress everyone with wrong information. You do not need cam sprockets/gears, cams or a custom intake manifold to make 800+ to the wheels on a Supra. My own car has a 100% stock intake manifold and throtle body.

As far as 800+ RWHP, it takes ~10K in parts on the low side to do that.

For the record the T88 turbo kit is a great turbo kit and has good response for it's size/capability, 800+ RWHP with it and no NOS is possible.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Supra:
I see LT5 is once again trying to impress everyone with wrong information. You do not need cam sprockets/gears, cams or a custom intake manifold to make 800+ to the wheels on a Supra. My own car has a 100% stock intake manifold and throtle body.

As far as 800+ RWHP, it takes ~10K in parts on the low side to do that.

For the record the T88 turbo kit is a great turbo kit and has good response for it's size/capability, 800+ RWHP with it and no NOS is possible.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Supra not saying you are exagerating[?]..I'm sure some backyard mechanic could probably do the install for that 10k since he's doing all the work himself. But he's still gotta get it tuned...I've been on Supra Forums for awhile and Ive never seen a figure that low for a single putting out 800rwhp...I've seen from 15k and most consistantly 20k and up...My friend is well over 20k with his single and if things go right you might see the red beast at Englishtown this year.... Check any shop like PF or Paisley Auto and see which one will take your 10k and give you back a fully tuned 800rwhp Supra. None....For that price you'll get a BPU+++++
laugh.gif

For 10k you might get a Supra to dyno 800rwhp in 200rpms a split second before the engine blows from poor tuning or improper parts[cheap]...You can definately get 800rwhp from a Supra with no problem.............If you got the money....

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually for ~$10K you can get the RIGHT parts that won't blow up the motor, this is not including labor. This does take into account getting good prices (not cost). Most people spend more because they are paying close to retail. Of course labor will add to it quickly. To get 800+ RWHP by just dropping the car at a shop and getting all the parts needed it will run $20K or more for the most part.

For the record tunning a Supra with the right equipment is fairly easy if you are familiar with high performance tunning. I bought my car with most of the performance parts on it, the previous owner did 725 RWHP and the car was leaning out, I got 874 RWHP out of it with a nice fuel curve, I did the tunning.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SnakeBitten:
Hey Supra not saying you are exagerating[?]..I'm sure some backyard mechanic could probably do the install for that 10k since he's doing all the work himself. But he's still gotta get it tuned...I've been on Supra Forums for awhile and Ive never seen a figure that low for a single putting out 800rwhp...I've seen from 15k and most consistantly 20k and up...My friend is well over 20k with his single and if things go right you might see the red beast at Englishtown this year.... Check any shop like PF or Paisley Auto and see which one will take your 10k and give you back a fully tuned 800rwhp Supra. None....For that price you'll get a BPU+++++
laugh.gif

For 10k you might get a Supra to dyno 800rwhp in 200rpms a split second before the engine blows from poor tuning or improper parts[cheap]...You can definately get 800rwhp from a Supra with no problem.............If you got the money....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Supra:
Actually for ~$10K you can get the RIGHT parts that won't blow up the motor, this is not including labor. This does take into account getting good prices (not cost). Most people spend more because they are paying close to retail. Of course labor will add to it quickly. To get 800+ RWHP by just dropping the car at a shop and getting all the parts needed it will run $20K or more for the most part.

For the record tunning a Supra with the right equipment is fairly easy if you are familiar with high performance tunning. I bought my car with most of the performance parts on it, the previous owner did 725 RWHP and the car was leaning out, I got 874 RWHP out of it with a nice fuel curve, I did the tunning.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear ya....You're one of the lucky bum's
pissed.gif
biggrin.gif
that can do it yourself....You really save alot of money if you can do thing's yourself.....I guess this is true with most car's...

I've heard discussion's on here of guy's making crazy hp[top tuner type number's] by cutting out the middle man and getting the part's direct....I've heard around 17k for a low 10 Viper[Nase?]with the track time's to back it up....It's a shame most of us carguy's/gal's can't do these thing's ourselve's...I guess someone has to keep the tuner's in business
laugh.gif
Later bro

Reaction score
When I get my Viper I will do my own tunning and buildup as I can't afford to fork out big $$$$$ to have someone do it
smile.gif
There's a place for both, some people don't have the time, or skills, or desire to do their own work but they can afford to pay to have it done, nothing wrong with that.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SnakeBitten:
I hear ya....You're one of the lucky bum's
pissed.gif
biggrin.gif
that can do it yourself....You really save alot of money if you can do thing's yourself.....I guess this is true with most car's...

I've heard discussion's on here of guy's making crazy hp[top tuner type number's] by cutting out the middle man and getting the part's direct....I've heard around 17k for a low 10 Viper[Nase?]with the track time's to back it up....It's a shame most of us carguy's/gal's can't do these thing's ourselve's...I guess someone has to keep the tuner's in business
laugh.gif
Later bro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im in the process of going single on my Supra and Ive paid 5400 so far and still need to upgrade the fuel system.After its all said Im looking at another 2300 for fuel plus dyno time.So it can be done for 8k or so without labor.My car was BPU++(Intercooler/Cam gears) and went 11.80 @ 121 on Nittos at sea level.Getting back to the topic,the bottom line is it takes just about a modified anything to compete with a stock Viper.

Joe

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know of about 2 dozen 700+ RWHP Supras and only 1 of them has an upgraded intake manfold, in fact at the Las Vegas Supra meet, the largest Supra meet in the world, there weren't ANY Supras (out of ~100 MKIV's there) with an upgraded intake manifold, they are RARE in the US.

As far as "nit-picking", it is far from that, I keep catching you in lies, this is why nobody believes you
smile.gif
Just like nobody here believes you won a Supra, after all all you do is bad mouth and insult the car, or even a ZR1.

Oh and I do not get "defensive" because I happen to love Vipers as much as I love Supras, you on the other hand hate Supras because you feel "threatened" by the fact that there's a *** car out there that can run with the big dogs of the world. Very mature
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LT-5@redline:
Supra,

The information I provided is NOT incorrect. A lot of close fiends of mine have modded single turbo supras...and GUESS WHAT !?! I own a Twin Turbo Supra myself (LOL). If I knew how to post a pic on this post i would (explain it to me and I will).

Here's what you always "attempt" to do with my INFORMATIVE posts on the garbage frequently posted by "supra groopies" here. You pick out ONE small, insignificant detail, and focus all your flames on it in "an attempt" to show the rest of the post and my point in all is discredible.

Case in point: You're car has 800+ RWHP on it's stock intake...and I mentioned that "MOST" supras that are even close to 800RWHP usually have addressed their stock intake manifolds. And the whole point of the post was to explain that MUCH $$$$ (10K+) in NEEDED, supporting hardware also has to be done to get you there in a supra. (Which ironically YOU even admitted in having done to your own supra in your reply post,lol)

Dude, where's all these insecurities and hostilities coming from ? This is "Viperforum.com"...the world of 1087RWHP at 12PSI on small NOS, get off it...you bother us boy.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
REALITY CHECK:

THIS IS THE VIPER CLUB OF AMERICA .

Thanks

P.S. - I admit, I like to hear about other cars as well. But you Supra guys beat it into the ground on the VCA. Give us a break.... If I want to know EVERY freak'in thing about Supra's I will go to the Supra Forum. Please keep this in mind when posting.

Later

P.S. - Also, I have read many of LT-5@redline posts, and the majority are Viper related. Sure, he may mention the ZR1 every now and then, but he doesn't beat us over the head with the bow-tie.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually he doesn't own a ZR1 or a Supra
smile.gif
And I will soon have a Viper, hopefully I'll be able to afford modding it to 700+ RWHP. For the record I'm here to learn more and read about Vipers, but when I see ignorant posts I decide to correct them, notice none of my posts say the Supra is better than a Viper, or any other car for that matter.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by onerareviper:
REALITY CHECK:

THIS IS THE VIPER CLUB OF AMERICA .

Thanks

P.S. - I admit, I like to hear about other cars as well. But you Supra guys beat it into the ground on the VCA. Give us a break.... If I want to know EVERY freak'in thing about Supra's I will go to the Supra Forum. Please keep this in mind when posting.

Later

P.S. - Also, I have read many of LT-5@redline posts, and the majority are Viper related. Sure, he may mention the ZR1 every now and then, but he doesn't beat us over the head with the bow-tie.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Onerare, it's not a matter of "if" but rather "when" when it comes to me getting a Viper
smile.gif
I have wanted a GTS since it came out in 96.

LT5, sure you own a Supra. I can post a pic of a McLaren F1, I guess that makes me an F1 owner! Of course you haven't even posted a pic and all your posts bagging on the Supra shows you hate the car, this is why nobody believes you own one.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah you shut down my points before. Like the lie about the upgraded intake manifolds to make 800 HP. No Supra owner would make a claim like that...

My supposed #'s happened in front of hundreds of supposed people
smile.gif
For the record there are several people on this forum that have met me personally, yet nobody has ever met you. Thank God you claim you are not going to post again, reading your BS must be making people sick by now
smile.gif

As far as "attacking" you, how's telling the truth about you not owning a ZR1 or a Supra an attack? That would be like me being attacked by someone saying I have never played in an NBA game before.....

Peter, I am looking forward to the meet, it should be lots of fun. Barring any unforseen problems we will see you next week. And you are right, this guy doesn't own a Supra or even a ZR1.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LT-5@redline:
Making personal attacks on me simply portray's your true colors. As far as "we know you don't really own a supra" is concerned.....speak for yourself, cause NOBODY who's a regular on this forum takes your word over mine (also, I don't need to prove my integrity to a "nobody" I don't even know)...go back to "supraforums.com" where the 16 year-old *****-bank doners can ******** on your dyno queens' so-called rwhp #'s,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

...it's so pathetic how your little ego can't allow yourself not to have the "last word"...no matter how insignificant it may be (I noted all your replys to other posts with a conflicting view to yours)...so here you are jonny boy, go ahead, have the last word again...even thou I shut down any and all your semi-legitimate arguments ealier in the thread....ciao.
dead.gif

Go ahead, respond....the floor is ALL yours, indefinitely...I'm out.
cool.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought you were not going to post again....... And I have had a few Viper owners email me telling me they do not buy your story of owning either a Supra or even a ZR1. Lines like this "(becuase its not inline with how you "FEEL" about your cars'" shows you don't own a Supra if you did it would say "(becuase its not inline with how you "FEEL" about Supras".

I smell a troll
smile.gif

...truly pathetic, not surprising to see two supra boys "riding" each other again(LOL)...get a room
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

-- as far as your "consensus" on what "Viper" owners think of me...it's funny how ONLY YOU supra ********'s are responding with flames on me.

If your ego doesn't allow you to comprehend what I write (becuase its not inline with how you "FEEL" about your cars', then simply don't respond to me)(simple as that)

Not to burst your bubble (supra,houstonT) but a supra isn't hard to get into...its not exotic, it's relatively cheap to buy($$$), and thou rare - it's not hard to come across a cheap TT. **It's not a ferrari, I don't see whats so hard to believe about me (or anyone for that matter) owning one. ***And NO, you don't have to jock each other like pathetic groopies to correctly portray being a supra owner.***

**sorry to let this thread get so long guys, I re-neg'd on not adding to these two's ignorance/arrogance and it won't happen again....out.
cool.gif
cool.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

jamie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares? This is a Viper board! Please take your ricer discussion to the Supraforum.. After all If we wanted to know
about Supras, We all know that that is the place to go.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie, please accept my apologies, you are 100% correct. Prior to this LT5 character posting lies I would never mention anything non Viper related on the forum, after all I am here because I love Vipers. But his continous lies and now saying he owns a Supra (which makes all Supra owners look like crap) made me decide to set the record straight.

PS. I take offense to the ricer comment
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamie:
Who cares? This is a Viper board! Please take your ricer discussion to the Supraforum.. After all If we wanted to know
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread deserves my favorite Viper Board volley of all time:

You must be registered for see images

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LT-5,

You dont need an intake manifold to make 800rwhp on a supra, and this holds true for any year supra.

Supra(Guily),

As you probably know dyno jet numbers are easy generated, so as far as all these supras having 800rwhp is concerned dont bank on it. There are a few but not that many, this is based on the fact that to date none of these hi hp number cars can turn any worth while numbers at the track.

PS&gt; Guily go to the pheonix event this weekend, Joel will have his mk4 there. We just finished it, it a bit rough around the edges but should lay down some good numbers. On the first time out at palmdale last week it set the record for fastest stock rear end mk4 ever at that track.

John H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread [Raced a Supra] was made by a Viper owner, so take it up with him. People then said false information (it's always the same people). A Supra owner corrected them. I must have missed the "ricer" discussion while I was getting my 'Powered by MOPAR' tattoo.

John H

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamie:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ, saw him (Joel) run, the car did well but the track couldn't handle the power well. He ran a few 10.1's at ~120 to 125 MPH (obviously letting off early).

As far as the cars not being fast, a big portion of that is due to the drivers. But I do not disagree with you.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Russ M:
LT-5,

You dont need an intake manifold to make 800rwhp on a supra, and this holds true for any year supra.

Supra(Guily),

As you probably know dyno jet numbers are easy generated, so as far as all these supras having 800rwhp is concerned dont bank on it. There are a few but not that many, this is based on the fact that to date none of these hi hp number cars can turn any worth while numbers at the track.

PS&gt; Guily go to the pheonix event this weekend, Joel will have his mk4 there. We just finished it, it a bit rough around the edges but should lay down some good numbers. On the first time out at palmdale last week it set the record for fastest stock rear end mk4 ever at that track.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supra,

He blew the motor on his last pass, spun a rod bearing. I guess it wont be that easy after all, we were hoping that 2jz's could handle that type of power without more extravogant mods.

I guess a new oiling system is in order, along with some more caution with rpm's.