Raced an 03 COBRA !

prevnine11ownr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And punished him in 3rd and 4th everytme !! They are NO DOUBT fast cars... !!

John T. Frye
2000 RT smoothies & tubes...and def NO REAR **** !

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Cobras are impressive. I hope I don't run into one on the street that has exhaust/intake pulley/chip or I'll be seeing Cobra tail-lights!

Maybe Nitrous or ROE Supercharger should be in my future.

Jason

matt lankford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kinda raced TTBADBOY in my 03 cobra that was putting 500hp to the ground and he pulled on me briefly before we had to jump on the brakes due to traffic. his car has a roe and exaust though (100 more at the wheels). i would have spanked a stocker. mine was louder though :)

JMO22

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I raced a 2000 Cobra R this weekend, first and second gear full run until traffic. I pulled almost a car length and a half, sharp car though. The gap is closing in power wars...

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's still a Mustang :)
That is definitely the essence of it.. Someone on the boards once quoted that you could, with enough money.. make a wheelchair do 9 seconds in the quarter mile.. but at the end of the day, it is still a wheelchair :laugh:

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, but give it the credit. For a factory car to whoop a$$ with under 1k in mods is flat out awesome!

Would I own one instead of my Viper or Vette... NO

If I had enough money for a third play car would I get one... HELL YEAH

Jason

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh definately, it's a great car for the money! I'm not trying to start anything or talk smack, it's just not for me, I don't care if it can, will, and does open a can of whoop a$$ on me or not :)

BlownViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 03 Cobra that has layeth the smack down to 4 vipers in the area already. I have only the upper and lower pulley,x-pipe and cat back,cold air,and a diablo chip.The car runs 11.10s @ 126 with no headers or throttle body changes, but Im gonna have to sell it soon and get another Viper. You cant beat the looks and styling of a Viper

Anyone wanna buy my Cobra???????

BlownViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No other mods besides the ones I have listed. I am not in too big of a hurry to get headers because there are alot of people who have LOST HP with them for some reason. I have ordered a bigger front mount heat exchanger and the throttle body and ported inlet. Nitrous is gonna happen real soon and maybe the aftermarket Kenne Bell blower. There is a guy called "Nitrous" Pete who is running 30 psi of boost on race gas with the heads and block untouched

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:cool: I was supposed to race a 500rwhp tonight but it rained, lucky for me probably lol

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm going to sound a bit like the English bloke on "American Idol" but I'll take the risk and maybe we can heat things up around here a bit.
I am amazed at the number of posts on this site that lay claim to having "whupped" some other guy in some other car...on the street. What a moronic claim to make - its like saying yep I just did the most stupid thing in my life, I'm Top Gun and gee do I feel good about it.

There is only one valid post here and thats the guy that took his car to a drag strip and posted a time - now he can make his claim to fame.

The rest of you put your life in danger, the lives of innocents in danger for what - so you can "THINK" you are the quicker guy.

The only place to find out who is the quickest, or has the quickest car is on a race track - most of the morons making these stupid claims will find out very quickly they are just SLOW, PATHETICALLY SLOW!!!

Going quick is not just about pushing the gas pedal to the floor and thats all that is happening - any dummy can mash the gas. I'm not much of a drag racing enthusiast but I bet it takes considerable skill :shocked: and a lot of practice to lay down competative times in a Viper - very few have the natural born talent to do it - those that do are making a living at going quick!!!

Fred - I need some support here!!

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Ford finally makes a car that'll beat up GM F bodies, right when the F bodies are cancelled...Ford wins by GM's default, eh?

Mustangs may be Mustangs (I've had over 30 'Stangs in my lifetime, old and new), but at least they're not chainsaw-sounding little boy ricers. V-8s with good exhaust tone, etc.

My most powerful street car to date was a "CapriStang" I got from VA/MD member Lee Dove. Fellow VA/MD VCA member Eddie Hatton built the car. Mustang Muscle magazine feature car in '94, it had an 800 HP 514 stroker, 92 GT body panels on a 1980 Capri with all the frame connectors and heavy duty parts to make the sucker run 10.8 @ 140 MPH on STREET TIRES (gatorbacks, by the way) with a strong C-6 and a 2.73 gear! Of course, loose 3500 RPM stall converter. It spanked a couple of Gen II cars from 60 rolls around here. It sounded sweet, too.

It wasn't a 9 sec wheelchair, but it probably would have been if tubbed (it wasn't), geared low, and had slicks.

BlownViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mustangs are fun toys to have! You cant beat the price of modding thses cars. I had a 89 GT with a 339 stroker and a Vortech XX Mondo supercharger that ran 7.80s @ 178 on a 10.5 tire. And yes I drove it all over the place,not just a track car

You must be registered for see images

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm going to sound a bit like the English bloke on "American Idol" but I'll take the risk and maybe we can heat things up around here a bit.
I am amazed at the number of posts on this site that lay claim to having "whupped" some other guy in some other car...on the street. What a moronic claim to make - its like saying yep I just did the most stupid thing in my life, I'm Top Gun and gee do I feel good about it.

There is only one valid post here and thats the guy that took his car to a drag strip and posted a time - now he can make his claim to fame.

The rest of you put your life in danger, the lives of innocents in danger for what - so you can "THINK" you are the quicker guy.

The only place to find out who is the quickest, or has the quickest car is on a race track - most of the morons making these stupid claims will find out very quickly they are just SLOW, PATHETICALLY SLOW!!!

Going quick is not just about pushing the gas pedal to the floor and thats all that is happening - any dummy can mash the gas. I'm not much of a drag racing enthusiast but I bet it takes considerable skill :shocked: and a lot of practice to lay down competative times in a Viper - very few have the natural born talent to do it - those that do are making a living at going quick!!!

Fred - I need some support here!!
Sorry Gavin, but I bought my car for one thing, that is to drive the hell out of it. Yes I do put my life in danger, but so does the idiot doing 90 with an old pos that has no brakes or the old drivers doing 50 in the left lane. My car will ocasionally see the track, both drag and road course but it is the street it sees most. Also if you think any dummy can mash the gas and go, then I invite you to a few races and have you line up with a car that is slower than you and see if it that easy :rolleyes:

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All fast cars are fun cars in my book...even if it was a 9 second wheelchair, it'd be one helluva ride.

I don't buy my cars for what other people think of them or how it makes me look (Oh, it's just an f-body, or it's just a Ford pickup, or GASP it's just an American Viper - it's all relative to what the other guy drives - who cares?!!).

I buy them for the distinct G's pushing me back in my seat and the grin on my face - nothing else.

If I had room, I'd add an 03' Cobra to the stable without thinking about it.

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike - you missed the point about mashing the gas - any one can mash the gas on the street and go quicker than mr "x" in his car "y" - at the drag strip, mashing the gas won't get you to the line first, I thought I made the point that skill, much practiced skill gets to the line first. So I stand on my statement - any dummy can mash the gas - so what.

Get on the track, drag or circuit and we always see who is quick and who is not - my experience of guys at the track that lay out these claims of beating someone on the street, frankly have little clue about going quick.
I didn't include it in the post but I can get on it on the street however I just think street racing is dangerous, idiotic and proves nothing - absolutely nothing - Claiming, "I beat a Cobra" only has value to me, if it was done at the drag strip or a ciruit track.
Further - your statement that there are other idiots out the street racing in their pos's therefore its ok for you to do is more of the same lunacy.

I'd love to take you up on the invite to run at the track with you....if thats what you meant, but I'm here in California (next to Laguna Seca Race Track) and you are just a wee bit far away to take up the challenge.

Take your car to a Viper days event and you will see just how quick a lot of guys are, all in Vipers - skill levels are very impressive.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gavin most of my street races are from a dig,(meaning stand still) and that is why I said not every idiot can mash it and go. Also we race on highways from rolls so that we can see how well our cars do past the 1/4 mile. To me that is more realistic measure of whose car is faster, as different cars perform diff at the track especially the 1/4 strip. It's different strokes for different folks I guess :) I do love to road race however :D