Racedeck Flooring

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Everybody is getting this!! I have seen it in garages, race trailers, etc., and the owner drives a Viper ------------------so obviously , you don't need any other reasons to make the purchase,ha.

Seriously, it is a great compamy, great product, and I would honestly imagine they rank #1 among the Viper Nation for garage and race trailer flooring. You can't go wrong!!! :headbang:

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't necessarily see the purpose of it unless you want to eventually take the floor up with you.

When I was doing my garage, it was rather expensive. Now mind you my garage is 60x25 so that is alot of floor to cover.

I chose CVT vinyl tile over the Racedeck. It came to be the same price...but this is installed. With Racedeck you have to do the installation yourself. Also, the seems between the tiles can be rather large. This mitigates the aestehic appeal IMO. Here is a pic of the vinyl tile in my toybox:

8526DSC00448-med.JPG

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That floor looks absolutely fanstastic. I guess just any tile/vinyl flooring shop can do it? Is there much prep work involved?

I'm in the planning stages of building my dream home - have the plans of the home and have purchased the land. Its going to have a 4.5 car garage and right now I think I'd like to pattern it after yours!!

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have read about this flooring in this forum many times and have asked, without an answer, a couple of times about the noise factor.

What does it sound like when you walk on it? Do you get a clomp, clomp, clomp sound? Being plastic and assuming it is not always flat to the floor I would suspect so.

Any input?

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TCKTPLZ=I chose CVT vinyl tile over the Racedeck :2tu: :2tu: It came to be the same price...but this is installed :eek: :confused: :mad:

womsterr-yes where are you located?? :D

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gee, I thought all of the RaceDeck was done as a Viper function and it just cost a little beer. Don't know much about the other stuff, just know the folks at RaceDeck are staunch VCA sponsors, and the guys I know who have had it done are super pleased. Heck, you might ask , since they are a site sponsor, they may even have a VCA discount.

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Racedeck flooring in the wife's garage (this is the one attached to the house). It is the style with the raised diamond plate pattern. It has held up OK. When it came time to do something in my garage (the one that you get wet walking to) I went with something different. Go to the link to see a recent topic on this and some pictures of the rubber floor I used.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46496

05 Yellow SRT10
03 Red SRT (gone)
02 Graphite GTS (gone)
97 Red GTS (gone)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our other cars: 2005 SL65 Pewter / 2005 G55 Graphite / 2005 SSR Silver / 2004 Gallardo Yellow / 2004 NSX Black / 2004 Z06 Machine Silver / 2004 H2 White / 2002 Candy Red Prowler + 2001 Orange Prowler + 2001 Silver Prowler / 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS Convertible / 1970 Black Chevy SWB Pick up / 1969 Garnet Red Camaro SS 350 / 1969 Chevelle SS 396 / 1969 Impala SS 427 / 1968 Chevy Step Side Truck L98/700r4 / 1967 Hugger Orange Camaro 400 / 1966 GTO / 1955 Yellow Chevrolet Truck / 1934 Ford Sedan / 1930 Ford Hiboy Coupe 302 5spd

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That floor looks absolutely fanstastic. I guess just any tile/vinyl flooring shop can do it? Is there much prep work involved?

I'm in the planning stages of building my dream home - have the plans of the home and have purchased the land. Its going to have a 4.5 car garage and right now I think I'd like to pattern it after yours!!

Thanks! As far as prep work, I am not that sure. The tile included installation and it cost about $5000 for 1500 square feet. Yes, any flooring and tiling place does this work.

Now keep in mind their is 2 kinds of CVT tile. Their is the flat colors like I have, and there is the speckled colors like you would find in Wal-Mart.

Believe it or not, the speckled color tiles are HALF the price and are a little more durable. The tile I have is more prone to scratches and is sofer, but I love the look and felt it was worth the price increase.

Good luck with building your dream home. Remember, build your garage as twice as large as you think you need. I never thought I would be using all the room in my garage but sure enough I am using most of it now. :2tu:

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe it or not, the speckled color tiles are HALF the price and are a little more durable. The tile I have is more prone to scratches and is sofer, but I love the look and felt it was worth the price increase.
--------------------------------------------------------
did you get what they call a luxuary composition tile?????????

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well of course I am a little biased as to RaceDeck Vs. VCT or others?
First there is a VCA discount to all members so feel free to call me personally. As for VCT, Unless you have an absolutely perfect subfloor ( no pits,cracks, moisture,bad epoxy, etc) and never plan to have anything spill on it ( acetone,anti-freeze, brak fluid, etc), it will not last the test of time... With RaceDeck we will stand behind the product for 10 years, it has a 25,000 lb roll load capacity, comes in over 7 styles and 24 colors/patterns. We now also now have the RaceDeck XL 18" modules that look great.
Basically, every floor has its +'s and -'s, you will have to decide what is best for you....
Speed Safely!

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait a minute :ooo: !
Isn't this the VIPER forum - The Baddest American Muscle Car on the Planet? Where no one would be caught dead with a cheap copy? :D
Jus' kidding! :p

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is CVT self-sticking?
-----------------------

VCT IS NOT SELF STICK

Peel and STICKS ARE JUNK YOU WILL FIND AT THE BIG SUPPLY STORES.

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think RaceDeck is fine for car shows and whatnot, but it's not practical for everyday use. I have a graphite and white diamond RaceDeck floor, and it is a royal pain to keep it looking nice! The white tiles look worn, and I've even managed to dent a few while working under the car.
Just my 2 cents...

3696DSC00797-med.JPG

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is CVT self-sticking?

No, it is not. The stuff is actually called VCT (Vinyl Composition Tile), not CVT. I knew I had something mixed up. :eek:

Racedeck is correct. If your floor is not perfectly flat there will be some imperfections. My floor has developed little bumps in a few places due to the settling of the concrete.

Also, be careful not to spill anything caustic (oil, fuel, etc.). I spilled some acetone on the floor and it started to ruin the finish. I have spilled alot of Zaino though and the floor seems to like it. :D

I think Racedeck is nice if you rented a home or was not sure that you would be in your home for a long time. You could literally pick the floor up with you as you go. But for more permanent applications, I don't really see why anyone would rather choose it over VCT.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------
did you get what they call a luxuary composition tile?????????

Luxury tile? Probably. But a "luxuary" tile? No. Those are way out of my league. :p

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
best thing to use as far and away is 100 % epoxy industrial floor coating. nearly indestructable and forms a vapor barrier, not plastic hitting the cement when you walk, really easy clean up. Industrial factories, car dealers service bays and service areas use this stuff. i have it in my garage for five years so far and not a mark on it and really easy clean up. they can do paterns and other designs if you care to pay that much, i went w/ the industrial grey.

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok my last input on this post:
aproximately 90% of the RaceDeck garage floors that go in garages, go over bad epoxy and paint. Like anything else, there are always exceptions to this rule. There are so many variables that are needed to make Epoxy work - The vapor barrier has to be perfect, the concrete has to be properly prepped, the coatings must be applied just right, the materials used have to be of the highest quality....then you have to be careful not to spill brake fluid, acetone, antifreeze, etc...then make sure you never chip it, then you expose the concrete and a no moisture will *********..As for the big car dealers and shop that use this...they generally re-coat their floors every 2-4 years...
As for the "white" RaceDeck being difficult to clean? I am not sure what product there is in the world that allow a white color to hide dirt? I would love to get my hands on that one....
Epoxy is not for everyone, RaceDeck is not for everyone...we just feel when you look at all the +'s and -'s of each that RaceDeck is the most practical solution for the homeowner...With over 12 million feet a year leaving our plant, I think we are on to something.

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Racedeck Flooring

If you get RaceDeck, make sure you get dark tiles as they will do a better job of hiding tire tracks, shoeprints, oil, grease and everything else that ends up on the floor.
Also, avoid getting a raised diamond pattern because it is uncomfortable to sit or lay on when working on the car. It also takes a lot of elbow grease to keep clean. Be very careful with jacks and jackstands. They will dent the tiles if the weight isn't evenly distributed over the plastic tiles. If I had to do it all over, I would go with an epoxy coat.

JWALK35

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have 200 sq. ft. of red/white I will sell for 2.25 white a Fangs Viper logo(2'x2'). We used it once at a world of wheels show . It's sitting in boxes now.If anyone is interested I can e-mail a photo from the world of wheels display. I'd post on here but I don't know how. Jim

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm the odd one out I guess as I don't get the whole special flooring in my garage thing. I guess it looks nice, don't know - more like a shrine then a garage.

I can't imagine doing any real work on the car - rolling a jack around on the diamond plate, rolling myself around on the diamond plate, gouging the plastic tiles with jack stands, spilling fluid in between the tiles..

For looks only, I suppose it's OK.

Jim

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I used the Race Deck flooring in my garage and I've received nothing but compliments. Upside -- easily installed (I did my 24x24 floor myself in about 7 hours), looks great, changeable if you want. Downside -- not a good choice for a working garage (jacks, stands will create indents on the tiles; not the most comfortable to kneel on), a little tricky to clean, not cheap. I considered Epoxy and did a lot of research on this board; from what I could learn, Epoxy works if you have it professionally installed. Do it yourself kits are difficult to apply properly, and if you don't do a good job, the paint comes up. As the Race Deck guy said, most of their sales are to customers who tried paint or Epoxy with no success.

I did a fair amount of research, and Race Deck appears to be the best bang for the buck of all the floating tile solutions. I did notice Sears was now carrying something in their on-line catalog that looks suspiciously similar to Race Deck, but they didn't have the color selection, and I doubt it's as durable.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like the clean look of a good painted floor.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My wife owns a garage organization company that sells a product identical to Racedeck called Daytona. It is made by a company called Sportcourt. We have special, extremely discounted pricing for VCA members. Drop me an email to [email protected] or visit her site at www.zengarageinc.com for more info.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96