Racelogic Traction Control

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anybody have this system on their car, or know someone with a Viper that does?

Was trying to get a feel for how well it works.

Thanks!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have it. It works fine. I have it set at 14%. It is adjustable between 0 and 25%. If you get it, if you dyno the car, remember to turn it off. It also has a launch control that is programmable. I have only used that once. It worked but I prefer the old fashion way of using the regulated foot. I believe that Mark Jorgensen at Woodhouse is the Yoda on Racelogic. He and his Merry Techs installed mine.

OP
OP
P

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Okay thanks for the reply! Does your car have a blower on it or is it N/A? I have a paxton on mine with 700rwhp and I was just looking for a little peace of mind in case the road is cold or damp.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at my signature. Yes. I would not rely on traction control in any car to avoid an issue on a wet surface. A mechanical failure can happen in the best of systems. Always heat the tires up first - especially on a cold day and never use the power on a wet surface. JM2Cs. Have fun with your snake.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Bob,
Have you ever had any issues with the traction control related to a weak or low battery? Has the system ever failed or needed parts replaced?

I had some issues and wondered if it was isolated or not. Mark Jorgenson was helpful when we had an issue.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dan. I have never had an issue and the system has been in since January, 2008. I learned about the dyno issue above in a funny and embarrasing way. We had a dyno day. I put the car on the dyno without turning the TC off.

As can be the case on a dyno, there was some slippage. The TC kicked in but we, including me, at first did not know what was going on and I thought that I had an engine problem. Then I had one of those DUH moments where I realized what was going on and shut it off. I felt like an idiot but that happens at least once a week. LOL.