Radar Jammer?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good radar jammer? My Valentine works very well at picking up radar but the local CHP are now using lasers and not leaving them running. They are "pointing and shooting". I'd really like to be able to jam their stupid lasers.

Dan

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True but a "radar deflector" is not, and is installed and warranted by a dealer and legal in most states.

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Radar jammers are illegal, laser jammers are not. I have had good experience with the Lidatek system in connection with my V1. There is website that tests the various jammers, I will look it up.

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Blinder M40 X-Treme : Active Laser Jammer :2tu:
****** ZR3 : Active Laser Jammer
Scorpion Ultra : Active Radar Jammer. Jams X, K, and Ka bands :2tu:

All of these work and all of them are illegal because they are active jammers.

viperva

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blinder M40 X-Treme : Active Laser Jammer :2tu:
****** ZR3 : Active Laser Jammer
Scorpion Ultra : Active Radar Jammer. Jams X, K, and Ka bands :2tu:

All of these work and all of them are illegal because they are active jammers.

where can you find these for purchase? especially the scorpion.

myfirstviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey dan. here is how a laser works. the cop has to be at a stand still and nothing can be blocking his view, he points and shoots at your car. most times the front,

if the cop uses instant on radar and just turns on his rader when he sees you. know way for you to pick up sinal in time ,no way for you to jam him.

however like a few guys said there are several laser jammers on the market that will connect right to your already sytem.

the one i am installing is called BLINDER laser jammer by x-treme laserjammer. the jammer totally jams the signal and the cops gun reads nothing, buy that time it alerts you and you slow down. as the cop will be likely up ahead over a hill or jumping out of a bush. but you just slow down and keep driving miss daisy because he couldnt get a read on you. so no waive over to the side of the road

the web site is www.blinderxtreme.com my local dealer charges $500 installed. but thats just for a front difusser(jammer) thats how most cops use laser is by standing on the side of the road and hitting you dead on.some guys spend the etra and get one for the back to

slow that beast down and you wont have to worry about any tickets.

P.S.my car goes to DLM monday

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Radar jammers are illegal in every state.

Laser jammers are illegal in a few states.

I had ****** SRX and ****** ZR3 laser jammers. They worked extremely well. They are now illegal in Colorado, so I had to take them off my car.

OP
OP
Viper X

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I'm going to do some homework and get one or another of these laser jammer units. I think the new trend here in CA is laser.

The cops are really out in force lately, generating income for the state. When they start writing tickets for 75 in a 65 it's time to act. Nobody goes less than 75 here unless it's rush hour.

Hey John,

Thanks for the reply. Good luck with your Paxton install. Let us know how it works out.

Dan

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a buddy who works for Raytheon, he installed a little something in the porsche, not exactly legal but if he is a bad mood he can not only jam the radar but fry the circuits as well. He has it running with a second battery and some capacitors, you can only use it once every 2 minutes (the capacitors need to recharge).

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a K-40 built into my car .You don't even know its even there.It has front radar and rear sonar and if they are doing laser it will show up on there gun as an error .I have not received a ticket yet,it has saved me a few times .Always wondered if it came up as an ERROR on gun if you would automatically receive a ticket.

youngviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Quote:
It has front radar and rear sonar and if they are doing laser it will show up on there gun as an error.
-----------------------------------------------------------

i have never used the jamers b4 but WONT A COP KNOW THAT YOU HAVE A JAMMER WHEN HIS GUN STOPS WORKING IMMEDIATELY after a nice viper just passed by? Won't most cops put that together and pull you over???

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
"I had a K-40 built into my car .You don't even know its even there.It has front radar and rear sonar and if they are doing laser it will show up on there gun as an error .I have not received a ticket yet,it has saved me a few times .Always wondered if it came up as an ERROR on gun if you would automatically receive a ticket."
---------------------------------------------------------

I have driven Rick's yelloh viper and can tell you it does work here in Ct at least. I had his car for a week in my shop and he told me to drive it. I put a few hundred miles on it and never got stopped. The state cops are everywhere in CT and they are after 2 things, speeders and drunks. It always gave me a lot of warning with enough time to slow down to 65 where i was able to wave to the cop. Hell maybe by waving he thought I was an off duty cop!

Rick, Do you have the web site for the K-40 that you bought and who makes it?

Robbie

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On our way out to the BBQ yesterday, our lead car had the K40 system in his car, and we were doing 95-100mph and it gave him enough warning for us to slow to 70-75mph. I have never had a problem with my Valentine 1 either. I do like the stealh of the K40 for the Viper, so I may go to that and use the Valetine 1 in my other cars.

Quicksilver

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rocky Mountain Radar - passive system - uses the radar gun's signal
but adds a little FM chirp so the gun won't lock furthur away than about 100 to 150 feet. Jams X K Ka. Also jams laser by emitting a light pulse -
there's nothing in FCC rules about transmitting light pulses, so the law doesn't apply!!!

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broadcasting radar without an FCC license is illegal. A fine point, but very different from what has been described here. Kinda like owning a gun is legal, but carrying it concealed requires a permit in most jursidictions. FCC does not license laser light transmissions. Any entity who does has probably exceeded their authority.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rocky Mountain Radar - passive system - uses the radar gun's signal
but adds a little FM chirp so the gun won't lock furthur away than about 100 to 150 feet. Jams X K Ka. Also jams laser by emitting a light pulse -
there's nothing in FCC rules about transmitting light pulses, so the law doesn't apply!!!

Anything made by Rocky Mountain Radar is crap.

Their products do not work. The company makes fraudulent claims.

Save your money. Buy something from a reputable company like ******, Valentine, Bell, etc.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
True but a "radar deflector" is not, and is installed and warranted by a
dealer and legal in most states.

If a radar "deflector" uses active radar to interfere with radar it most
certainly is illegal. Most jurisdictions anything that interferes with an
official radar unit, whether active or passive is considered a felony.

To put it into perspective - there is a rumor floating that cops will not chase
you if you're going over 100mph. Realistically the fines would be cheaper and
your jail sentence less if you get caught attempting that as opposed to say
maintaining an FCC-unapproved transmitter.

Also Rocky Mountain has sucked since the FCC fined them into the stone age for
marketing their "passive" radar jammers.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
To put it into perspective - there is a rumor floating that cops will not chase
you if you're going over 100mph. Realistically the fines would be cheaper and
your jail sentence less if you get caught attempting that as opposed to say
maintaining an FCC-unapproved transmitter.

HAHAHAHA!!! Yeah, tell that to the cop that arrested me for doing 165 mph on my Supra...

You go ahead and run away from the cops at over 100 mph, I'll cheer for you while I watch you live on the news at 10pm...

:bonker: