Radiators......

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 93 RT/10 and I'm looking for people that have had their stock radiators replaced with after-market ones for better cooling. I'm thinking of getting a bigger radiator, so I would like to know who has done it and what they did, was it a problem? Info needed please....

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A while ago I replaced my '01's stock radiator with a much larger Fluidyne race radiator. It worked great -- temps stayed below 225 even in 100-degree heat on the racetrack. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit with the giant blower Doug's stuffing into the front of my car, so I'm switching back to the stock rad. I'd say if you have cooling issues which aren't related to thermostat or water pump, a larger radiator is an excellent mod.

PS: my fluidyne's for sale
smile.gif

OP
OP
V

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, so it's your "old" radiator that I spoke to Doug about...OK. I just want to know if anyone has done this to a 93 rt that has the 2 fans shroud. I don't want to dismantle everything to put in a radiator. Doug was extremely nice as he always is in giving me info for the radiator.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They address two separate issues. Sean's fan kit will keep your fan on after you turn off the car, reducing heat soak while parked. A larger radiator will help the car run cooler while it's running.

OP
OP
V

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was suggested to place a Sean Roe Fan relay system. Will this be a good idea instead of a custom radiator job?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc