Ralph, Beth and Jalopnik gen V Q & A

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So earlier this afternoon, Ralph and Beth answered questions on Jalopnik during an Live online Q & A. Here are some nuggets of the chat which I found quite interesting...

More on the Q & A here... http://jalopnik.com/5929038/ask-srt...-gilles-anything-you-want-about-the-new-viper

[FONT=proxima-nova-condensed-1, proxima-nova-condensed-2, sans-serif]C-Hop asked: [/FONT]Can adjust the ride height with the stock Bilstein shocks?

Ralph: On Bilstein you cannot but, we will have the ACR type coil over with adjustable spring perches on the Track Pack for 2013.

Pythlos asked: Are there any plans yet for an ACR version? Can I have one?

Ralph: Is my head bald?

jhoff_iowa asked: What made you keep the 6 bolt wheel?

Ralph: Nuts are good for you :)lmao:)

Kevin Fitz asked: If you had to use a food or prepared dish to describe the new 2013 SRT Viper what would it be?

Ralph: A perfectly-grilled, lean Porterhouse buttered with Wasabi.

Street Spirit asked: Any plans to enter next year's Le Mans 24H?

Beth: We'd love to be there but have to wait for the invite !

Ralph: Hopefully, if we get invited.

SR20-El Heffe del dinero asked: Do you think you'd be able to beat Bob Lutz in a Corvette Z-06 around a road course with the new Viper?

Ralph: Bring It! (Oh snap! :headbang:)

tsx101 asked: What was your inspiration in designing the new Viper?

Ralph: Halle Berry :omg:

shamazdaspeed: How many cupholders does it have?

Ralph: None but, the insistent can purchase from Mopar.

Wurfenstein: Will Snakeskin Green be making its return on the new Viper??
Ralph: We are looking at a reformulated version in the future.

My X-type is too a real Jaguar: Will the new Viper engine be available as a crate engine in the future?
Ralph: yes

--RS

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm... Curious if this will be the same SSG (just revamped a little), or if it will be an all new blow-your-mind green?

Wurfenstein: Will Snakeskin Green be making its return on the new Viper??
Ralph: We are looking at a reformulated version in the future.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I liked this comment. Exactly how I feel about Beth when I see her speak.

" Michael8550

Beth, I was seriously unimpressed with your appearance on Jay Leno's Garage. I got the feeling you memorized the press kit for the new Viper and beyond that have no passion or enthusiasm for the products you are marketing. Just wanted to put that out there."

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I liked this comment. Exactly how I feel about Beth when I see her speak.

" Michael8550

Beth, I was seriously unimpressed with your appearance on Jay Leno's Garage. I got the feeling you memorized the press kit for the new Viper and beyond that have no passion or enthusiasm for the products you are marketing. Just wanted to put that out there."

Unfortunately, I feel this way too.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I liked the question about the V10 SRT Jeep. I don't agree that the SRT8 is impressive enough. It's slower than the previous generation. Had they just equaled the performance of the previous gen I'd be happy.