Ralph Gilles, President and CEO of the SRT Brand and Senior Vice President of Design

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many thanks to Ralph for everything he has done for the Viper since he took over SRT in 2011.

I know there were a lot of senior managers prior to Ralph that supported Viper; however, he has pushed like no others in making sure the Viper didn't disappear permanently and is responsible for the team who designed the Gen V.

It is also nice to see someone in his position out driving and tracking his own Viper and enjoying the car the way it is intended to be enjoyed.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Ralph Gilles, President and CEO of the SRT Brand and Senior Vice President of Des

Yes,he is the vipers strongest advocate to date.

mkviper96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Ralph Gilles, President and CEO of the SRT Brand and Senior Vice President of Des

I saw him this past weekend and thanked him for doing a great job!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ralph is not only a strong supporter of the Viper and all SRT products but he is also a hero to Alopecia sufferers everywhere. Bald is beautiful.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He is a good guy, for a Canadian :p

Rare you will see the CEO of any branch of a car company that actually races. It says a lot about the Viper and where it will go. If anything, it has a bright future ahead of it. While dollars and cents drive the motivations of the company, having a gear head who is cognizant of what the people that want the car expect and can turn a profit is helpful.

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

I have meet him several times and he really LOVEs the Viper

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Told him personally on Twitter that he's gotta be one of the most passionate automotive CEO's out there and he appreciated the compliment.

I think its analogous to going to a five star restaurant and hearing the waiter rant and rave over an entrée selection; if he hasn't actually tasted it, he's a total poser but if he had the meal and recommends it, he's the real deal in my book. Ralph is definitely the guy who had the meal and btw so isn't my salesman Bill Pemberton whom not only sells Vipers but owns and races an ACR. That speaks volumes imho.

OP
OP
johniew398

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I posted this back in July without knowing anything about the current mess the club is in.

I don't know Ralph and have never had the opportunity to meet him. I do know that some would say the VCA is solely responsible for resurrecting the Viper and I don't believe that is true.
The video that was produced might have helped; but I believe Ralph's leadership and vision among other things is what kept the Viper alive.

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have met Ralph several times and frankly was shocked to learn VCA management took him on and ruptured the relationship with Chrysler-SRT. I have proudly shared our photo of him chatting with us at an ohio VCA dinner.
He has been a gentlemen at all times, socially, at the track and at the unveil. I do hope the VCA-Chrysler/SRT relationship can be rebuilt.