Ran into a 06 Z06 today

OP
OP
T

tmcphail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not an issue of need here. Look at my signature and see what my car puts down off the hose and thats only with 3 mods and me tuning it myself. Maybe its just my view of things here but I enjoy fast cars no matter what brand. I like to see different stuff. I don't get bent out of shape when someone else pinpoints what they drive or if someone has something faster.

Reaction score
Viperfreak2,

You underestimate the lap time delta between a Skip Barber instructor and the typical driver of a Viper, Corvette, etc.

To support my statement look at the Viper Days track times at Spring Mountain. Look at Modified group(10 drivers) as it is the largest. "Best" lap range 3:07.122 to 4:44 minutes:seconds. The 5th place driver's best lap time was 3:25. That is 18 seconds faster than the fastest in the group. My est. is that the Jeep SRT8 was about 5-8 seconds behind the Viper. Second Place was 3:15.056, almost eight seconds behind first.

But to drive this point even deeper with facts is that the NEON's fastest lap was 3:14.6(Nancy Stein) and fastest lap for the Viper Super Stock Class was 3:14.4

Fact is, the NEON was faster than 22 Vipers of 28 including high HP unlimited class! The Jeep SRT8 is much faster than a NEON!

You like most people do not understand the importance of skill and the impact on road course lap times.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT8 Jeep is one fast ride. Drove on at the SRT driving program. It is the second fastest product Dodge makes. SRT10 Viper is the fastest. Would expect the SRT10 RAM to be third. In the hands of a very good (Sr. Skip Barber instructor) the Jeep SRT8 will smoke a Viper SRT or Z06 Vette driven my 98% of us on a road course. At Sears Point I was in a SRT8 Jeep following a new Viper SRT and the Jeep was hanging a lot closer to the Viper than I expected.
my Magnum is faster ;) ;) :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte