Ran into a new GT-R on the highway yesterday!

rich v.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well after a bad day of sports betting and poker, i was heading to the gym to take out some aggression and oddly drove the Viper to work yesterday. i was about to get off the highway when i spotted a new silver Nissan GT-R come flying up on me!

So i decided to take my aggression out on him! we ran from vegas to boulder city (about 15ish miles) without touching under 100.

i guess he thought he was going to mess with a stock viper:nono:

I beat him every which way you could, 70 roll, 100 roll, let him get a running start, every time i pulled away hard!:drive:

Not sure if he had any mods, but it didn't seem like it.

chaulk up a 2nd kill for the newly supercharged viper!:2tu:

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after a bad day of sports betting and poker, i was heading to the gym to take out some aggression and oddly drove the Viper to work yesterday. i was about to get off the highway when i spotted a new silver Nissan GT-R come flying up on me!

So i decided to take my aggression out on him! we ran from vegas to boulder city (about 15ish miles) without touching under 100.

i guess he thought he was going to mess with a stock viper:nono:

I beat him every which way you could, 70 roll, 100 roll, let him get a running start, every time i pulled away hard!:drive:

Not sure if he had any mods, but it didn't seem like it.

chaulk up a 2nd kill for the newly supercharged viper!:2tu:

Congrats and cool...that's one more car I can tally up that I can beat. I would like to run into a lambo or ferrari so I could have bragging rights to one of those boys (which hopefully wasn't twin turbo'ed) :tx:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. He probably didn't know you had a supercharger, probably thought something was wrong with his GTR.

fastlane8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AWESOME!!!:2tu: I'm trying to find Vegas,Mexico and Boulder City,Mexico on the map!:omg::dunno::2tu::usa::lmao:

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
from a roll if you are on an 06 or newer should not be a challenge at all. If you were a stock gen II or older...that would be a pretty good race I think. SC and of course game over...

Black Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GT-R has a terrible power-to-weight ratio. All the technology can only take it so far. The one thing I like about it is that it's an all-weather supercar.

Nyoka

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For what it's worth, Motor Trend's latest issue gave the GTR their COTY award and was the first mag I've seen to get it into the 11's (11.5 @120) so it would be a tight 1/4 match-up with a new '08. However, previous test stats show the car's a stone after 120 and I suspect any GEN 3 or 4 running well would dust it once in 4th. Yours must have made the guy check his tach to see if his engine had crapped out. Wish I'd been there...

How much RWHP are you making?

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and cool...that's one more car I can tally up that I can beat. I would like to run into a lambo or ferrari so I could have bragging rights to one of those boys (which hopefully wasn't twin turbo'ed) :tx:
stock 05 will not be able to beat a murci,08 will give it a run and maybe

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know how the GTR would stack up against a GTS at 120 and above?

Both have a top speed around 190+ but I wonder which would get there first. I suspect the GTR due to the DCT. That gearbox really helps the GTR make the most of its power to weight...

steelskeet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know how the GTR would stack up against a GTS at 120 and above?
I have a completely stock 02' FE and ran into a GT-R last week in Colleyville, I pulled him from 70mph well past 120, I was very surprised that the nissan didn't give me a better race. We hit traffic near Grapevine and the race was pretty much over. Maybe the owner wasnt a good driver or use to his new car, but when we exited I could tell by the look on his face he wasnt happy. :)

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I saw one of those GT-Rs and wasn't at all impressed by the "looks" of it. I thought for a $100K price tag..I was like yeah..whatever!

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a completely stock 02' FE and ran into a GT-R last week in Colleyville, I pulled him from 70mph well past 120, I was very surprised that the nissan didn't give me a better race. We hit traffic near Grapevine and the race was pretty much over. Maybe the owner wasnt a good driver or use to his new car, but when we exited I could tell by the look on his face he wasnt happy. :)

LOL, that's awesome. I expected even the Gen II's would walk the GT-R up top. It really is a **** after 100.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4