Random Cats

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting these Random Tech cats that PartsRack sells for $600 for my stock exhaust system on my 05. Anyone go this route? How did you like it and how did the install go?

N

Nobody

They do not have any flex joint(in fact they remove the stock ones a BAD move) that allow for engine movment or expansion of the pipes due to heat you will probably have cracking or fittment problems eventually

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone tried the High-Flows from Roe Racing? I bought the Corsa Track 3", but haven't purchased cats yet. The ones for Roe Racing were $240-$260 if memory serves me correctly.

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also considering the Random Tech units, but with a modification. The flex pipe is indeed there for a reason, so I was going to have one grafted to each pipe. Judging by the picture on Parts Rack website, it looks like there is enough room to have a flex pipe installed in the stock location. I believe the pipes are 3" up to the cat. Cat outlet is 2.5" if you are bolting in to stock system as I will. I found these on ebay... Looks like they would do the trick, plus they are stainless. Careful measuring and a good welder is all you need.

Flex Pipe

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The flex pipe is NOT an issue....ask anyone of the many hundreds and hundreds of those we have installed. Flex pipes are removed w/ performance header applications in fact. FLEX PIPE itself is the bad issue! It decays inside. It is restrictive inside. It simply is not needed.

We did extensive flex research pre-1999, even into marine flex applications. Determined it was NOT needed. And we stand by that with a replacement warranty if "NOBODY"s guesswork came true in 5 years of install. But we have NEVER HAD A FAILURE!!

Before we had the SRT10 bolt-ins, we had (and still have) splice-in cats that can be fabricated in to keep the flex, and save some $$$ if you want to spend it on install time instead..... Several BIG tuners and dealers still get these from us and do it for less $ and keeping the flex.

Our RT cats are Viper Specific, and WARRANTEED 5 years....flow rates published and guaranteed. They are not Interpid or no-name cats with NO flow rates, or with serial numbers ground off.

N

Nobody

The flex pipe is NOT an issue....ask anyone of the many hundreds and hundreds of those we have installed. Flex pipes are removed w/ performance header applications in fact. FLEX PIPE itself is the bad issue! It decays inside. It is restrictive inside. It simply is not needed.

We did extensive flex research pre-1999, even into marine flex applications. Determined it was NOT needed. And we stand by that with a replacement warranty if "NOBODY"s guesswork came true in 5 years of install. But we have NEVER HAD A FAILURE!!

Before we had the SRT10 bolt-ins, we had (and still have) splice-in cats that can be fabricated in to keep the flex, and save some $$$ if you want to spend it on install time instead..... Several BIG tuners and dealers still get these from us and do it for less $ and keeping the flex.

Our RT cats are Viper Specific, and WARRANTEED 5 years....flow rates published and guaranteed. They are not Interpid or no-name cats with NO flow rates, or with serial numbers ground off.

What a load of crap, do you think you honestly know that much more than DC's engineers ,what an IDIOT ..guesswork my ass........just trying to peddle whatever it is you are selling is what you are doing..as far as never had a failure in 5 years that is a absolute LIE....