Random Tech Catback sound clip anyone?

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did a search for clips but didn't find any. Anyone have sound clips they can post or send me? I've heard Borla's and I didn't care for the drone. I didn't prefer the sound of Corsa's, a bit too UPS-like for my taste. I've heard the B&B's and they sounded nice. The RT's seem to be similar with the x-pipes but I'm sure the resonators are different. Not many people have the RT's so any help would be appreciated. TIA

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just did mine couple of weeks ago and like the sound of it. It is not too loud... for me. Don't know how to do a sound clip. Where you at, maybe we can hook up. :2tu:

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NOTV8,

I'm in Peoria, IL. Any chance you're close by? I'd love to hear your setup with the RT cats and catback, as that's exactly what I'm planning on doing. If you're not close by, maybe we can x-change tel. numbers and I can listen to your setup over the phone. Sounds kinda geeky but I don't know how else to get an idea of the sound.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't do it over the phone. Phone system only uses 300Hz-3000Hz (typical vocal range) freqs. You'll miss some of the freqs. and won't get an accurate sound. You need someone with some good recording eqpt. and then make an mp3 of it or something. I have the RT cats too, but don't have a good way of recording it. Interesting fact though, I have reved right next to another Viper with the same cat system but different exhaust and they sound totally different. Just remember there is more to the sound than just the cats.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corsa and RT hi-flow cats........don't sound like no stinking UPS truck I ever heard!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, you can paypal me the dang $5 bucks worth of gas I just waisted making you that video jdoc7 ;)

Thank Nick (2003silvervette), cuz I wasnt even looking at this post, and he made do all that about an hour ago, just so he could post it for ya.

Jon

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, you can paypal me the dang $5 bucks worth of gas I just waisted making you that video jdoc7 ;)

Thank Nick (2003silvervette), cuz I wasnt even looking at this post, and he made do all that about an hour ago, just so he could post it for ya.

Jon

Love the sound at idle, nice cam. Too much buzz at throttle. That demo would have cost me $15 in gas. :2tu:

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Silvervette: Thanks for the clip, I really like the sound at idle.

Jon: Thanks for wasting the gas for our amusement. Seriously, that clip gives me an idea of the setup and I appreciate that. As for gas $$$, check's in the mail! ;)

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't need a sound clip because the sound of the Random Tech Catback system is perfect to most that hear it. No drone on the highway and nice throaty response on the throttle. Quality of stainless and gauge is excellent. Getting them to fit is not as easy as corsa though, they need a little more attention.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery