Ranks up there as one of the worst long weekends on record

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My parts didn't show up so my car is still down( mood set for weekend already)
It was pissy and cold and windy all day yesterday. Only activity of note accomplished was fixing a flat tire on the side of the road.

I wake up to the sound of the howling wind. Look at the thermometer, it 2 friggin degress.

Decide I might as well open the blinds and look outside... the sky is blue but man is it windy... look out front to see a giant trampoline has blown through my yard from who knows where.. has taken out one of my trees that took me 10 years to grow and a section of my white plastic ranch fence at the front of our property. What's left of it is hung up in another tree or strewn across my yard along with branches from the trees it clipped along its path.

Put my toque and gloves on ( in May!) and spend an hour ( its only 9:15 now on a Sunday morning) and wrestle with the trampoline that is much like a parachute in the wind and get it secured to the base of another tree so it won't fly away into someone else's yard (or house or car).

Inside, warming up and waiting for someone to come looking for it now....:buttkick:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Probably not a good idea to sue because we're here in Canada.

Law suits are great - for the lawyers. Good chance your award (if the judge likes you) will be less than the lawyer's wages/charges.

Should have sliced the ***** up so that it could be handled.

Ted

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually if the ***** owner is a reasonable person it wont require a suit. They merely contact their insurance Co. and explain what happened.

Here in the lower 48 (wisconsin to be exact) my neighbor's house was damaged by my patio umbrella that pierced his siding like a giant arrow when a sudden thunderstorm blew in. He advised me of the damage, I called my insurance Co. and they fixed his house. No Lawyers, just cooperation by all parties.

I hope this works north of the border....

Steve A.

OP
OP
A

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Know who it belongs to. They are away for the weekend and have no clue what has happened in their absence. It is from an acreage over the hill from ours and 3 acreages away. It went through one yard, hit their deck. tore the railings off, knocked down the decorative lamp posts at the end of another guys driveway. A miracle it didn't hit someone's house or car

We've left a note at their home with our phone numbers. Whats left of the trampoline is dis-assembled in my front yard. The thing must have been rolling on its side like a giant tumbleweed. The owners are not going to believe how far it went.

Thank goodness for beer.:D