RBQ Radio problem

Billy The Kidd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with their RBQ radio freezing when in CD mode? It read CD ERROR after a while and now when I hit mode it just goes to AM, CD does not even show up.

Speedy G

Viper Owner
Reaction score
funny thing, i just got my copperhead 2 weeks ago and the radio keeps going off(no sound)maybe its time for a bbq, but what do you want for 90k? :shocked:

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just removed my RBQ, you can have it for a good price if you want it.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quite weird you should bring up this problem, mine just had this happen yesterday! Anyone have a way to reset the radio or restart? Mine is having the same problem :curse:

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My RBQ just keeps reseting itself and traverses all the CDs and starts from the first CD when I hit bumps or turn the car on or off. Its done it since new, I just haven't brought it back to the dealer to fix.

I'd like to go with the RB1 and ipod adapter. Just a matter of time.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
anyone? know if there is a way to reset, also a way to integrate ipod without going to RB1?

Mopar iPod Adapter will integrate with the OEM RBQ radio. Check my website... I have one in stock right now.

Dustman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Been searching for a while on something specific but couldn't find an answer so I was wondering if anyone can tell me please if the
stock Radio (NOT RB1) has "External CD Changer capabilities", meaning is There a CD Changer port on the back of the radio ??

Thanks for any additional info :2tu:

Dustman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Been searching for a while on something specific but couldn't find an answer so I was wondering if anyone can tell me please if the
stock Radio (NOT RB1) has "External CD Changer capabilities", meaning is There a CD Changer port on the back of the radio ??

Thanks for any additional info :2tu:

Has someone maybe a picture (or diagram) of the BACK of the stock radio which would show the 'ports' ?!

Thanks again for any help or info ! :2tu:

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the rear view of the RBQ

DSC00240.JPG

Not sure why you'd want an "external cd changer" when the RBQ is an in-dash 6 disc changer. Anyway, hope this helps!

Dustman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
AWESOME ........ thank you VERY MUCH for the shot !

That's what I needed to see ... oh, and it's CERTAINLY NOT for a "CD Changer" :D but I've been looking into getting a MP3 adapter that actually works for the crappy stock radio without having to upgrade to an RB1 first !

Thanks again, I appreciate it ! :2tu:

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the iPod adapter will work with the RBQ since it uses the numbered buttons to search, just works better with the RB1. Check with one of the vendors about that to be sure.

Dustman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Alpine ........ I'm ALL set thanks to your picture :2tu:

Purchased an MP3 adapter kit which plugs into the 'external' cd changer port and that's it ....... quality of sound is MUCH better than those crappy FM transmitters and I didn't have to get an RB1 to do so ! :headbang:

You must be registered for see images

Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it !

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang