Ready for transport to DLM..Whats reasonable?

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My number is finally up :headbang: ..LOL.. Anyway how much do you think I should expect to pay for indoor transport from Long Island, N.Y. ro North Miami Beach headquarters of DLM.. Anybody? I have put in some calls to a few reputable co.s and awaiting their replys

Adam

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could be so freaking wrong but I imagine at least $500 - $1,000 without breaking a sweat. I mean hard walls, enclosed, and all that stuff isn't cheap as I am sure you know.

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Ready for transport to DLM..How much?

Oh...... Your the "Adam." I wanted your spot you LUCKY DOG :laugh: . Was going to send my snake for the next leap ahead but Doug told me about your car.
Nice car BTW. You should call Doug and he can arrange the shipping for you at a real good price. Congrats on your permanent smile!
:headbang:
-Lou

OP
OP
B

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah Lou, I have had a deposit in since march and now its time. I will call doug tommorrow for shipping advice from him...

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adam,

For an enclosed ride, I would anticipate around $1300 for a reliable reputable company. I would guess an open carrier would be about $700. I know a few people who ship frequently and they told me its about double to have it covered.

When are you sending it out??

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adam, send the car to my house,I'll drive it to DLM for you. ;)

I think there's been a couple guys from new York that sent their cars to DLM from NY. One is Dan Black and another doesn't post here. I think Doug can tell you on the phone what they paid..

G

OP
OP
B

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adam, send the car to my house,I'll drive it to DLM for you.

Tell you what Gerald, I'll ship to you and you send me your car to use while my cars gone..LOL

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No stops here. I'll bring it back straight from Doug for ya back to L.I. I'll make better time than any carrier!...LOL

What kind of HP you expect when it comes back???

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam,

When I sent my car to Doug I had him recommend someone for me(think it was Exotic Transport). They picked up the car in DFW and did a beautiful job. Call Doug for their numbers.

Clark

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not sure if you can request closed transport but at worst you can see what others are paying. i know that its about 500 to bring one from va to central fl in an open tranport

www.carsarrive.com

kind of like priceline for shipping a car, post whan you have and post what you will pay and the trucking compnies get to see you add and contact you.

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam, He has had my car for about 3 months, That being said I told him to hold it as long as he could. I am at the end of adding on to house including the garage. I didn't want it anywhere near this mess.

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As previously mentioned ..Doug uses "exotic transport ".
I've heard nothing but great things about these guys..They do all the transportation for "Symbolic Motors" here in San Diego..Nothing but high end exotic cars.. I've also heard good things about "interstate transport".

Good Luck and Congrats on your new Set up :) Your going to love being blown !!

Cheers

Jeff

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Atlanta to DLM 3 years ago was ~580 with Exotic. Took a while to get a pickup, though.

I've also used MAK's Auto Transport (800-214-5121) and they were great. And fast. Faster than Exotic was.

JD

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam

We have used exotic and reliable,both very nice equipment and professional.The key is timming.You will be better off planning well in advance and have about a one week window as they schedule for full loads.we have gotten lucky and waited only a couple of days and have also waited as much as 2 weeks

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Vipermed said. Most important is timing. If you are ready today, then call all of them to see who has a truck in the area.

Typically, they schedule the pickups and drop-offs based on where the truck(s) will be and what the loads are. So there _could_ be a truck in NY right now with space that happens to be heading south! On the other hand, the trucks could all be in CA and it'll be 10 days before anything is on the east coast.

Call around. But don't be surprised if they say "10 day pickup".

JD

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam , you may want to send a PM to GaryA. He's transporting mine from NY to Heffners in MD for a very competitive rate.

I like the fact that he only transports one Vehicle at a time and he uses an enclosed trailer..It's also good to know that he is a fellow VCA brother, that gives me piece of mind.

Here's Gary's email addy [email protected] .

Cheers

Jeff

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California
Adam, I used Schilli Specialized for my Viper transport and found them both professional and reasonably priced. I have transported a lot of vehicles and they were the best of the lot. Driver(Stephen) even detailed my car after unloading so we could go over it together and verfiy condition. 547 235 1728.
Gotta love the boost!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam, give the car to Mike and he will drive it down to pick up his car.
What he said, free of charge too :headbang: Adam I looked into getting my car back from Miami back to Ny and best quote I got was $600 open trailer and 1K for enclosed one. Let me know,I am serious with my offer :)

GTSACR2002

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam,

I own Atlas Van Lines out of Cleveland Ohio and have transported numerous exotic cars across the country for friends and customers. We use enclosed, air ride equipment. We would be happy to provide you an exact quote, and we offer a discount to Viper owners. Shoot me an e-mail and I will have one of my sales guys give you a call. Be careful who you use...not everyone can transport your viper safely and damage free. For instance we are one of only a handful of Atlas agents capable of performing these services. Good luck no matter what route you choose.

Bob Strickland
[email protected]

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam I used intercitylines.com they were about 980.00 from Houston to DLM. Exotic screwed me around, said they were going to be there the day we planned & when I called 2 days before to verify they said they could'nt make it & would be there the week after. I was going on vacation so I called intercity. Truck & personel were IMPRESSIVE! NO ramp, the back door of the semi layed flat on the ground, they drove the car on & the elevator lifted it to the second level on top of 3 Porches. Good luck with your DLM project! Mine is stillllllll there!

Andy