Ready to buy an ACR, need input

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm ready to purchase an ACR and am looking at this one:

Moderator edit: No links please

Anybody know anything about this particular ACR?

What price should I shoot for? $85k?

Anything I need to know about buying an ACR that has been sitting for 3-4 years? Would it need any additional prepping or reconditioning? Need to replace belts, hoses, fluids? How does Baxter store these ACRs?

I do plan to use it as a daily driver. I work from home though, so "daily driver" means it'll be driven 3-5 days/week, at my leisure. It won't be my only car, but I'll probably put 5-10k miles/year on it. Every car I own gets driven.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm ready to purchase an ACR and am looking at this one:How about buying an ACR that has been sitting for 3-4 years? Would it need any additional prepping or reconditioning? Need to replace belts, hoses, fluids? How does Baxter store these ACRs?

I do plan to use it as a daily driver. I work from home though, so "daily driver" means it'll be driven 3-5 days/week, at my leisure. It won't be my only car, but I'll probably put 5-10k miles/year on it. Every car I own gets driven.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...CR-from-Baxter-it-was-on-ebay-sold-for-81-099

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm ready to purchase an ACR and am looking at this one:

Moderator edit: No links please

Anybody know anything about this particular ACR?

What price should I shoot for? $85k?

Anything I need to know about buying an ACR that has been sitting for 3-4 years? Would it need any additional prepping or reconditioning? Need to replace belts, hoses, fluids? How does Baxter store these ACRs?

FYI, the ACR suspension / tire combo is stiff compared to a coupe or a vert even when the shocks are set to full soft. Something to consider if you will be using it as a DD.

OP
OP
T

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the input johniew398 and hou99gts. One of my other DDs has a stiff coilover setup, so I'm used to it. :)

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
let us know how it goes.... don't let them polish it for you.... mine was horrible and another guy who bought a black one said they went through the paint in 2 places with the polishing machine...he was still battling with them that last i heard...... the local detailer i used said they must have used a high speed spinning wheel type polisher due to all the polish was sprayed into odd places.... doh...

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe try contacting the KC regional club and see if any member there knows about that Viper or dealership. Good luck on the purchase!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'd check with Tomball Dodge in Texas and Woodhouse Dodge in Nebraska if I were shopping for an ACR.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pm sent! I haven't bought from Baxter but they seem like a good group at one time they had 20 something ACR's I seriously looked at one before I bought an 08 used. Contact me and I'll help any way I can.

OP
OP
T

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Allan - ACR DD isn't too bad since I work from home. I'd never do it if I had to commute during rush hour or lived someplace rainy like Seattle. KC actually has really mild weather and at least 250 great driving weather days per year ... as long as you survive the tornados.

msp282 - Thanks for the info. Only dealers that have impressed me with their detail work are Mercedes dealerships. Of course, I've never done business with a Ferrari/Lambo/exotic dealer.

ViperTony - Thanks for the suggestion. Darryl in KC has actually already reached out to be and been very helpful. VCA members are the most helpful car guys I've ever interacted with. I know most of you guys have time-consuming jobs and/or businesses to run, so I'm extremely grateful for the help.

Viper X - That's exactly what my lawyer advised me to do! (he has a Viper)

Mopar488 - Will do.

goldcup - PM received. Thank you very much for the assistance.

FrankBarba - Thanks for the offer.

Last edited:

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chicago motor cars has 2 acr's. One of them is the Baxter car they bought for 80k, in there showroom for a sweet 99k. The other black and red ACR they bought hear local for 84, its in there showroom for 88k, 600 mile car.

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HOLY ****... nice find... so chicago bought the grey car for a steal and want to make about $18k..... lol..... they should be able to sell for a profit but no that kind of profit....... it is funny how the car business works....

Chicago motor cars has 2 acr's. One of them is the Baxter car they bought for 80k, in there showroom for a sweet 99k. The other black and red ACR they bought hear local for 84, its in there showroom for 88k, 600 mile car.

OP
OP
T

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A week later and Baxter still has this car for sale on their websites and on ebay. Same VIN as the one that Chicago Motor Cars now has on their site. I'm not sure what they're doing, but its fishy. Not going to waste my time with a dealer that lists cars for sale that were sold at least a week ago. Also, the price they quoted me was $2000+ higher than the ebay buy-it-now price they had listed at the time.

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
^ there do appear to be lots of slightly used ACR's on ebay lately at some pretty good prices. Buying a new leftover gets you a new warranty but I guess there are not too many new ones left.

That is goofy about the one that is for sale at Chicago. maybe they didn't officially buy it and are testing the waters to sell it before they take delivery? that is wasting everyones time..lol.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
^ there do appear to be lots of slightly used ACR's on ebay lately at some pretty good prices. Buying a new leftover gets you a new warranty but I guess there are not too many new ones left.

That is goofy about the one that is for sale at Chicago. maybe they didn't officially buy it and are testing the waters to sell it before they take delivery? that is wasting everyones time..lol.
The manager of Chicago Motors told me they had the graphite 50 mile car sold for 90k. He also told me that he did buy the car for 80. They have a 08 black and red ACR with 600 miles for 88k. To much money, especially with no warranty.

OP
OP
T

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Heck, I might have bought that car for $80k too. I wouldn't want to pay $90k for it or $88k for the other ... but I'm a firm believer in free market capitalism, so good for him if he's able to sell them at those prices and make a buck. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960