0 -> 60 in 3.8 sec.

Top Speed 200 MPH

2,900 #'s

5.7 #'s/HP

Chassis & Suspension development by Pratt & Miller,
Aluminum Hydroformed frame produced by DANA
- 345/30x19 Rears
- 6 piston Front, 4 piston Rear Brake Calipers
- Cross Drilled (cast and camfered) Rotors (possibly Brembo)

Engine Development by KaTech
To be hand built by new HP Engine Plant

LS7 427ci/ 7.0L. 500HP/500 Ft Lbs (512 HP derated to 500HP)
- 2 OHV (3 OHV not necessary for target HP)
- Raced based CNC ported Aluminum Head with 70cc chambers
- 11.0:1 CR
- 46 mm (1.81") Titanium Intake valve
- 41 mm (1.61") Na filled Exhaust Valve
- 104.8 mm Bore (4.125") , 101.6 mm Stroke (4.0") Aluminum block
- Forgrd Crank
- Forged 6 bolt main Bearing Caps
- Titanium Rods
- Cast Aluminum Flat Top Pistons
- 0.591" Lift Cam (15 mm)
- Dry Sump
- 90 mm Throttle Body on Composite manifold
- Ram Air

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's the real deal now. The wait is over and believe it or not GM stepped up. NOW DC give us the 600HP coupe!!!!

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Z06 is the car that I have been most anticipating at NAIAS. The pics confirm the rumors. I really want one. I won't sell my GTS for it though. So if I do get it, it will be in addition to the GTS. Can't seem to justify the $140K+ for the Ford GT.

JohnNad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, it's still a corvette, i'm not worried, I don't drive my viper to the fullest potential it has, you can't legally, and to do so you have to be a professional racer which most of us are not. but like I said before, it's still only a vette.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2900 pounds :eek:

That thing is going to handle likes it's on rails!

Will they be able to sell 5-6,000 of them at the rumored $70k+ price tag though?

JJB500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2900 pounds :eek:

That thing is going to handle likes it's on rails!

Will they be able to sell 5-6,000 of them at the rumored $70k+ price tag though?
If they plan on selling that many they need to be in $60k range.

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know if these are the exact specs of the car. However, if they are this will be an awesome car... I don't care how many they produce. Now everyone has to step up.

quickysrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2,900lbs wow! i will not place my order untill mt or c&d test its performance. they where waaaay off on the c5 zo6's 0-60 time so i do not trust gm yet.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If those numbers are correct, I would love to have one.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome car!
I particularly like that it has a dry sump.
I don't know of any car under $175k that has a dry sump engine. The brakes, wheels, tires, all look very purposeful.
At 65k it is an amazing deal. I think that at 70k it's still a killer deal. This is really moving the Corvette into supercar territory.

I've always liked Corvettes, and this is the nicest one since the 1960s. I'm not selling my Viper, but I definitely applaud what GM are doing with this car.

We are living in the most amazing time for car lovers that ever has been (or likely ever will be.) Hard to think of any decade since the invention of the car when more high-quality enthusiast cars have been available (and at just about every price point.) What a great time to be alive!

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The offical weight as of today is 3130lbs according to auto week. But back when the c5 zo6 came out Great Mistake under rated the weight of the c5. We will see.

Robert

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car is awesome! I have to give Chevy credit if the specs are right that has to be the best bang for your buck period. Dodge is really going to have to step up quick. 600hp or go home!

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, it's still a corvette, i'm not worried, I don't drive my viper to the fullest potential it has, you can't legally, and to do so you have to be a professional racer which most of us are not. but like I said before, it's still only a vette.

THAT IS WEAK!!! :rolleyes:

I'll gladly get one ... :cool:

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don’t know how all race tracks are but the local track where I live will disallow a dry sump car from having “street car” classification in any of their events.

Anyway - I'd get one if you could only take the top off.

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
29OUTLAW- I was thinking the same thing. Plus i can see people that are not used to a dry sump system and high comp.
motor, Put some 87 octane in that baby and bring the saw dust its going to blow.

Robert

JoeBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t know how all race tracks are but the local track where I live will disallow a dry sump car from having “street car” classification in any of their events.

Anyway - I'd get one if you could only take the top off.

Reports are that 8 bolts and it is off. GM dinged the guy that reported it on Digitalcorvette.com

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If they take those eight bolts off there is no reservour to hold the oil :shocked: can you say boom. The dry sump system if it's realy there can not be removed. I have a dry sump on my supercomp dragster, Once you have a true dry sump oil system your pretty much stuck with it witch is a good thing. But not if your going street car class or scca street class racing.

Robert

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sharp, and the bang for the buck (assuming it stays under $70K) is pretty awesome. I am not crazy about the plastic covers on the engine (never been a fan), but those brakes look killer. I am also pleased they went with more of a sloped back window, as I was never crazy about the roofline on the C5 Z06.

I know one of the questions has been regarding upgrades: With 11:1 compression I understand it is difficult to do much in the way of forced induction, etc. Let's say that Dodge announces a 600 HP engine without a supercharger (ala the SRT Carbon). How easy would it be to upgrade the Vette to match or beat it? Better yet, with all those Paxton superchargers floating around, can the Corvette jump past 700 horsepower without breaking the bank?

If it all proves out as stated above, it truly is a fantastic car. Kudos to GM & Lutz.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine