Rear Brake calipers

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with the rear dust boots? Mine are already brittle and cracked. The fronts are in like new condition. I'm thinking that the rear has no ducting so the heat is not directed away from the pistons, then the dust boots get brittle. If this is the case, I will be adding ducting to the back. Anyone have any input?

Joe B

DonMc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yup, i have raced mine a year and all the boots are shot....i just remove the rubber when it gets in the way, don't plan on replacing them...seems to be a stock part not really needed on the race machine but too much trouble to remove it....backs do run a bit hot, i can see this on the wheels more than anything...but i am still using 2 sets of front brakes for 1 set of backs so i haven't done anything about it...i think some folks tried using the old air deflectors we use to use on the front a-arms...seems like a simple thing to get some relief just haven't done it yet...

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,
I have a pair of the plastic air deflectors that I use on the front of my GTS. We can try them on the rear of your CC.
for a fit check. If it works you can get them from Woodhouse.

OP
OP
J

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks,

Don and Dan I appreciate the input. Now the next question is, Can this be done and still be legal in the VRL? I have e-mailed Skip, for a ruling or a rule change. I don't think its a big deal, but ya never know.
The brakes are so amazing, I was a little miffed by the rear boots. I guess the more I drive the more I'll find out. I just put on my first new set of fronts at Buttonwillow and new rears (still 1/3 left ) at Thunderhill. It seemed the rear was getting a little squirrelly under hard braking, and man! what a difference.

Joe B

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang