Rear diffuser picture?

D

dano

Howdy!

Does anyone have a picture of a rear diffuser on a Gen II GTS?

Are these just for show unless you are doing some serious racing?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'd look into some of the past-customer experiences with
Elite before buying anything - the search button can be a
wonderful research tool...

OP
OP
D

dano

Thanks. Even in my short time owning a Viper and being on this forum, I heard early and often to steer clear of Elite. :nono:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not to nit-pick, but the diffuser facilitates a laminar rearward airflow, that does NOT curl up at the rear and create a negative pressure and resulting lift and drag. GTSs can actually squash small bugs and debris onto the REAR of the car while driving forward!

D-C wind tunnels have proven this device, it is truly is a functional piece at speed. But rather than "Create Downforce" it actually "Minimizes Lift." The net result is the same.....a stronger contact patch, but the annoying A.R.Perfectionist in me just HAD to comment....

"People Who THINK They Are Always RIGHT really pisss off those of us that ARE."

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://gallery.viperclub.org/showphoto.php/photo/25618/cat/500/ppuser/2453

A rear diffuser used with front and side splitters will smooth the airflow
under the car which will help provide "some" downforce. Without splitters and a wing installed it is pretty much a decoration. :usa:

I'd have to question that. At least the front splitter part.

Seems like everything I've read says you have to allow air under the car for that rear aero stuff to work. Sometimes even removing low hanging front spoilers or splitters to get the effect.

Side skirts could both keep what air IS under the car there, and prevent additional air from coming along the sides. Like roof aero guides plates in reverse.

The splitters pictured then fool the air then by seemingly extending the bodywork, but leaving nothing for what air does evacuate from the bottom of the car to 'hang on to' Kind of like those big horizontal spoilers on rear trunk lids of 9sec and faster car at the strip, extending well past the trunk.

Aero articles I've seen say over and over that the 'dirtiest' part of the car, aerodynamically speaking, is usually the rear. Not the front as many would guess off the top of their heads..

The complete tear drop shape is preferred, not one with 1/3 of it missing in the back. The front of a tear drop being large, rounded, even a bit blunt, tapering towards the rear. Chop off the back and your drag goes way up.

OP
OP
D

dano

PSilverGTS...I like those...not too big..however, looks like you would need to drill into the body...darn..

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are pictures I saved. I don't know who makes these.

Picture2.jpg

Picture1.jpg

I've never seen these. Does anyone know where to get them? I'm interested... :cool:

Unfortunately, someone probably just fabricated them as a "one-off" for themself... :(

pattymelt3605

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are pictures I saved. I don't know who makes these.

I've never seen these. Does anyone know where to get them? I'm interested... :cool:

Unfortunately, someone probably just fabricated them as a "one-off" for themself... :(

Im in to buy those if we can find out who makes them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine