Rear Ended! Help!

Red94Roadster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So my worst nightmare happened last Friday at the Woodward Dream Cruise in MI...some a$$hole with happy feet drove into me when the red-light turned green. The damage is two very fine lines in the rear facia paint. They appear to either be stress fractures in the paint/plastic facia, or scratches in the paint, itself. I tried to rub them out with Adam's Polish swirl remover, but couldn't. They are probably too small for someone to notice, unless pointed out, but I notice them :(

What would you recommend? Should I go to a Chrysler dealership or body shop to assess the repair? I'm fearful of re-painting the fascia and having it not come out perfect!

Any ideas? Also, if any local Michigan members have used a body shop for their Viper (whether it be a dealership or not) please chime in!

Regretfully,

Bill

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First step would be to talk to a reputable body shop in your area (check with your local region) to assess the possibility of any hidden damage. If you don't want the facia to be repainted, your only option would be to purchase one new in Viper Red. I've already checked the listings on VPA but you may want to give them (or Jon B) a call to see if they can locate one for you. Hopefully you did get the person's insurance information but they will probably "put up a strong fight" in regard to purchasing a new rear fascia as opposed to repairing the existing one. If you cannot locate one already finished, it will have to be painted. The end result regarding paint work in my opinion will be fine as long as it is done correctly and to your satisfaction.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The paint can be matched perfectly. Take it to a good shop that has a reputation for dealing with high end cars. It will be fine.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red 06 coupe, without stripes? Thats one of the easier matches, as there is no metallic to deal with.

Think of it as an opportunity to mod...paint that lower fascia satin black like on the striped cars! It's a great look on the solid cars

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Viper parts of america, they may have that piece factory painted ready to go. But a 94, maybe not:(