Rear license plate attaching screw and inserts ~ 2008 Viper ACR

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The rear screws are fine thread metric with a slotted head and pointed end and the inserts are round metal. Is this the OEM set-up for this car or has someone added some sort of custom plate fasteners? My local dealer has not been able to find these fine metric thread attaching screws. Any comments? Thanks, Mike:usa:

cowger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MGW has a cool license plate frame with theft protection hardware.

Bruce

Yup, it's a nice piece of hardware. Not cheap, but very high quality, IMO.

You must be registered for see images

Bryan

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rear screws are fine thread metric with a slotted head and pointed end and the inserts are round metal. Is this the OEM set-up for this car or has someone added some sort of custom plate fasteners? My local dealer has not been able to find these fine metric thread attaching screws. Any comments? Thanks, Mike:usa:

Here's pics of mine and I think the screws are OEM.

photo_23.JPG
[/url]
photo39.JPG

Well, maybe they weren't OEM and came with the frame, I can't remember.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now back to my original inquiry...do these inserts and the screw look like what came with your Viper ACR or do they appear to be an aftermarket item? Thanks, Mike
You must be registered for see images attach

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like you have OEM mounting hardware. If memory serves me correctly the screw size is M6X1. I bought stainless steel antitheft screws made by Cruiser to mount the plate on my 2010. They sell them at Autozone and Advance Auto Parts. PM me if you want me to send you a picture of my plate setup.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4