Rear tire leaking help

brantdw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a fresh set of PS2s non run flat on my ride and the back right tire keeps leaking. Every time the check it the leak is around the outter bead. The garage ****** says that the chrome is peeling off my 10 spoke 03 rims. I keep telling them that there is no chrome on these rims.

Anyone else experience this? Any good solutions? Im thinking the tires. The original tires had no leaking issues.

-B

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you probably have calcium or rubber build up on the wheel, pull the tire off and buzz clean it---- for peeling chrome rims on the bead- i put a thin coat of black rtv silicone on the bead of the wheel- and allways have succes with that.. its not the tires

OP
OP
B

brantdw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We did buzz it last time. Polished up the rim and the tire. We did the RTV also. Are these rims chrome coated?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont think so, but somebody could have--- if you have a clean bead on the wheel(completely clean full lip) it should not leak unless------- someone ripped the bead, pull the tire off and make shure thier is not rubber missing from that bead of tire... if it has chrome chipping- peel and buzz it clean, rub with black rtv on rim bead and tire bead, (just a smidge nicely) and it should be good...

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Once in a while I have a set of Hooisers that don't hold air for very long.

We dismount the tire, clean up the bead area and apply "bead sealer". Most tire stores have this stuff in stock.

Dan

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that bead sealer now days is crap..... it dries hard like 3m gorilla snot- junk.... thats why i started useing rtv--

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live near the Pacific and had corrosion on the inside bead, they had to take a flap wheel and take off all the corrosion, then put a nice 1" wide coating of bead sealer before re-mounting my tires. 3 of my 4 tires developed this.....but Sears did each rim for $25 each....I was happy with that.

I do plan to re-chrome my rims again soon.

Regards,
Aaron

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
that bead sealer now days is crap..... it dries hard like 3m gorilla snot- junk.... thats why i started useing rtv--

The bead sealer that my local Goodyear dealer used to seal my leaky track tire beads worked perfectly.

Maybe all "bead sealer" isn't created equal!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
probley your right- been useing that stuff for 30 years and it seemed over night the 3m stuff turned to crap--- but im shure there is a better one= just didnt look

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang