Rear wings and GTS glass hatch

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the GTS-R (GT2), are you able to open the glass safely and easily load bags/miscellaneous items into the hatch.

Also with other GTSs that have that style or other style wings, [same question].

Sean

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean the 98 GT2 right? Yes, you can open the glass.

I have a dual plane wing that you can open the glass with also but it makes access difficult.

The Oreca wing is the only one I know of that doesn't allow room for opening the rear glass.

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got rid of autoform.Glass opened fine just load bags from side of car...works fine.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Call Bobby Archer Motorsports ( 1-817-877-1772 ) as they have a wonderful wing that mimics a GT-2 ,but is non-adjustable and was the legal wing for the World Challenge Series a few years back. It has great support brackets, and allows the back window to open. Very much a purposeful wing, without standing 20 ft. off the rear deck. Autoform has 2 wings and one is adjustable and used by alot of guys in Viper Days. They also have one that secures to the back using the licence plate area and others to secure a non-invasive wing ( no-drilling ). These also can be mounted so you can open the rear glass. Their number is 1-616-392-4909.
Good luck.

OP
OP
V

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunatly, I don't have a Viper. But, that was some great info you dished out, Bill. Thanks to all for the info. I was just curious on its "everday"/VOI function with travelling since I did not know. I believe when I buy my first Viper, it'll be a Gen I; but I am a GTS guy. We can't all be like Bill P. or Lee and have our Black and Silver GTS. haha

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
while were on wings:, I've only been in 2 winged vipers, one was a **** Dodge GT2 and the other was a sean roe adjustable aluminum, I noticed a lot of wind rush noise from the SR yet hardly any from ****, does the Autoform produce noise ? suppose it depends on the angle its set at, no doubt more noise means more downforce