Recall Repair Underway

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I took my car in at eight am today to have 3:55 put in, also told them about recall repair scare. Its a definite, DC contacted my dealer first thing this morning, and just about a half hour ago i went in to check on status; Ive got several cracks, largest one about 1/4". repairs are expected to take around 35 hours i was told. no cutting just reinforcements and overwelds in places indicated by manual for repairs. problem is; im concerned now about this car and its potential for the roe SC i was considering, sounds risky now. mechanic said not to worry, itll be stronger than original d/t reinforcemnts. they got the whole d*mn car apart! trunk, gastank, rearend, axle, etc. what a mess. Just my luck, HotRod Nationals car show here in a week, finally quit raining, etc. ahh well thnk goodness i got my wifes CLK mercedes with RennTech goodies for play, still not the same, guess ill just go hit the local BW3 for some tall beers and ******* for some eyecandy. This *****. its a good thing i listened to instinct and ordered a 2003, seems like i might need it now seeing as i may end up with a PPVD (permanent partial viper disability)

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man those are some big cracks! I wonder what mine has?
frown.gif

James

OP
OP
V

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ulysses

Nope, thats the b*tch of it all, ive never tracked or taken it to the strip, just daily driver, not even street racing! I dont mind having abuse but i sure wouldve liked to have earned it. I drive somewhat agressively but no more than i would my SUV.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>ive never tracked or taken it to the strip, just daily driver, not even street racing! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is something that everyone should be concerned about. Daily drivers can have the stress cracks too.

Once they fix it, though, be confident in the fact that it will be stronger than before.

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rdustman

Do they basically have everything rear of the doors off? Including the Sport cap? I would think this would have to be the case, but wanted to know...

Since the trunk tub is actually glued to the body behind the doors, are they able to heat this up and get it off that way?

Wow, what a repair!

Tomer

OP
OP
V

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tomer; Im not sure as to the extent of the repair involving tearing the car apart. when i got there they just had it up on a rack and where discussing the weld specs with a local race shop that does chassis and frames for the actual weld equipment. the repair manual was very specific and stated no substitutions or alterations from exactly what it stated to do, so i feel as comfortable as can be in a case like this. ive been assured the areas of involvment will be stronger than new and once fixed the problem will be history. hope so

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rdustman, I hope that the local weld/fab shop is doing your welding and not just supplying equipment. I would want to know the qualifications of any welder unless they normally did race chassis etc. They could have the fab shops welder do it. good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950