Recall...smell like cabbage...small hands

labtec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just had mine done yesterday but the mechanic had it made. Because I have a custom double din install I removed both console pieces in their parking lot. Lots of blue painter's tape to protect the faux carbon fiber console pieces. Also because I had to cut out the area where the Kenwood double din fits it should have been much easier for him to install the parts :)

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just had mine done yesterday but the mechanic had it made. Because I have a custom double din install I removed both console pieces in their parking lot. Lots of blue painter's tape to protect the faux carbon fiber console pieces. Also because I had to cut out the area where the Kenwood double din fits it should have been much easier for him to install the parts :)

Mine is being done this coming Thursday, along with PA state inspection, which means pulling all 4 wheels. And as long as they're off, they're in installing my new Baer rotors. Yep, fun day....! I am a bit nervous about them pulling apart the dash

labtec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Removing dash is no big deal if they are careful and do not scratch anything. Also ask them to not over tighten the screws or it will crack the holes around the nuts and deform the panels

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you, good to know.

As an aside, my service advisor at my dealer called me this morning. I have an appointment for tomorrow, and even he warned me that even though the recall says "two hours" it will most likely take longer! I just chuckled, and thanked him, and told him that's what I've heard! I'll update this thread after it's done.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just looked at the instructions - they include photos. It looks UGLY! The entire dash is essentially coming apart, radio out, center console and shifter off. Most of the interior front is taken apart. I'm reconsidering having it done.

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does this recall apply to 2006 models?
The bottom of the link mentions 2003 and 2004.
:dunno:

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, that was much worry about nothing. Took the tech only 1.5 hours, and they said it wasn't that bad at all. And they took good care of the dash - you can't even tell anything was apart.