Received My Yellow/Red Stripe 1:18 RT

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, now my 1:18 "collection" of RT's is getting good. Just received the yellow with red stripe and noticed a few things:

- The yellow is different than the Gen I yellow
- Box different then the box used in the US. Makes me think this was made for outside the US, possibly Europe, as the logos are mostly European.
- Assume the same thing for the red with silver stripe.

Here are my RT's:
You must be registered for see images attach

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, you're yellow(/red) is just more "red" than the first yellow RT... maybe Bburago want to have a specific version for US than Europe version... :dunno:

In the ITV list (Bburago), I saw a few models of RT and don't know these in France... :(

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
My yellow/red has a brighter yellow than the all-yellow car. Oddly, the picture on the back of the yellow/red box shows Gen I wheels, but the car has Gen II wheels. My yellow/red with Gen I wheels will arrive next week.

The red/silver I have is from the "Gold Collezione" and is slightly narrower than my all-red RT/10. The box mentions "Italian Design" and "Distributed in France by..". These are not on my all-red RT/10 box.

When my order arrives next week, I'll post a pic of all the cars.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The box for my yellow/red is similar to yours, very non-U.S. The yellow color on it is actually a bit darker than the all yellow and it is Gen I. It is interesting that there are differences in the yellow/red in terms of color, size and wheels. I think these have been dated 1997, but '97's no longer had side pipes and did have Gen II wheels.

It is too bad that Bburago or Maisto didn't make a true Gen II RT...it would have been a nice addition.

Hey Mopar, I'm not intentionally adding yellow...though it is my #2 color choice. But, red will always be my number one. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that the later Bburago's were actually produced by a Chinese company. Wonder if they bought the rights to their Viper diecast line.:dunno: That might also account for the differences vs the earlier versions.

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that the later Bburago's were actually produced by a Chinese company. Wonder if they bought the rights to their Viper diecast line.:dunno: That might also account for the differences vs the earlier versions.

On the Gold Collezione and Bijoux Colleczione boxes, it says "The Bburago trademarks are the properties of the May Cheong Group of companies" and they are Made in China. All the others say Made in Italy.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, that explains it. Either they bought the rights from Bburago or took over the Bburago company...not sure. Either way, seems Bburago and Maisto were pretty true to the colors/use of stripes that were applied by the factory. Things like the yellow with red stripes, and some of the cars with flames look like after thoughts. I know there were some low production versions sold outside of the US, like the lime green RT, but those are long gone or sitting in somebody's collection.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Peter

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the Maisto Classic Collection insert and was surprised to find that Maisto is owned by May Cheong Toy Products. Just thought it was interesting given they bought Bburago.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950